Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Re: AQ, TPTK HU vs TAG

TPTK is a great hand to have HU, why aren't you betting out the flop? The only way I check that flop is if I'm going for a c/r (which I wouldn't recommend here). Bet/call a raise on the flop and Bet/fold to a raise again on the turn. Make him define his hand.

The river T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] sucks so you might want to check/call there if you're putting him on the straight. Postflop play was pretty weak all the way around.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The river T sucks so you might want to check/call there if you're putting him on the straight. Postflop play was pretty weak all the way around.

[/ QUOTE ]

My hope was that he had 99 or AK, maybe AJ or KQ but I didn't think he would 3bet with AJ or KQ.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:19 AM

Any line that involves folding this hand is not the way to go.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:25 AM

I'd only fold this to multiple raises when I've got a read on him as being a rock. Against an unknown I'm showing this down.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only way I check that flop is if I'm going for a c/r (which I wouldn't recommend here).

[/ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with c/ring this flop?
Old 09-02-2005, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Costing us the most against QQ,KK,and AA while costing your opponent the least with TT, 99,and AK.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Costing us the most against QQ,KK,and AA while costing your opponent the least with TT, 99, KQ, and AK.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh, duh. thanks.

So I see that you wanna go with wa/wb here, but given this likely hand range, wouldn't we want to just check-call the river since a good proportion of his possible hands just sucked out on us (if we were even ahead)? We want to show this down, but I think bet-call and bet-fold both suck...
Old 09-02-2005, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Costing us the most against QQ,KK,and AA while costing your opponent the least with TT, 99, KQ, and AK.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh, duh. thanks.

So I see that you wanna go with wa/wb here, but given this likely hand range, wouldn't we want to just check-call the river since a good proportion of his possible hands just sucked out on us (if we were even ahead)? We want to show this down, but I think bet-call and bet-fold both suck...

[/ QUOTE ]

I check/call the flop and turn and bet/call the river usually. I need good stats before I can bet/fold and I really don't like to check/call because AK usually checks through and they'll also usually call a river donkbet.

The only reason I'd want to go to war on the flop here is if I suspect him of a resteal. We can't determine that, since we've only seen him for a bit.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
oh, duh. thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I check/call the flop and turn and bet/call the river usually. I need good stats before I can bet/fold and I really don't like to check/call because AK usually checks through and they'll also usually call a river donkbet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Except that AK just made broadway here...
Old 09-02-2005, 09:42 AM

Sorry, I'm a little tired and missed the river card. I'm check/folding the river. The chance he isolated with a lower pocket and the chance he'll bet that river with it are lower than my pot odds are. 77 and <55 are the only things we're beating now, and even if he's a TAG with the same stats we have, he's going to have just as much of a non-read.