Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AQ, TPTK HU vs TAG (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=328191)

MrEngenic 09-02-2005 07:58 AM

AQ, TPTK HU vs TAG

Look at all those abbreviations in the subject line! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Villain seems taggish and this is his first 3bet at the table. Is there a good reason to go to war on the flop and call down a raise or a 3bet if I checkraise? This line too passive? What can he possibly have that I beat on the river if he bets?

Party 2/4

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Folded to Hero, Hero raises, CO 3bets, blinds fold, Hero calls.

Flop:(7 sb) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls

Turn: (4.5 BB) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls

River: (6.5BB) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero ?

invictus33 09-02-2005 08:05 AM

Re: AQ, TPTK HU vs TAG

TPTK is a great hand to have HU, why aren't you betting out the flop? The only way I check that flop is if I'm going for a c/r (which I wouldn't recommend here). Bet/call a raise on the flop and Bet/fold to a raise again on the turn. Make him define his hand.

The river T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] sucks so you might want to check/call there if you're putting him on the straight. Postflop play was pretty weak all the way around.

MrEngenic 09-02-2005 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The river T sucks so you might want to check/call there if you're putting him on the straight. Postflop play was pretty weak all the way around.

[/ QUOTE ]

My hope was that he had 99 or AK, maybe AJ or KQ but I didn't think he would 3bet with AJ or KQ.

Evan 09-02-2005 08:19 AM

Any line that involves folding this hand is not the way to go.

invictus33 09-02-2005 08:25 AM

I'd only fold this to multiple raises when I've got a read on him as being a rock. Against an unknown I'm showing this down.

Petteri 09-02-2005 08:29 AM

I do not like your line you took.

I think there are 2 good lines.
1. Lead out betting flop and 3-bet if villain raises.
2. Check-call flop. Check-raise turn.

The way you played it, check-call river.

MrEngenic 09-02-2005 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not like your line you took.

I think there are 2 good lines.
1. Lead out betting flop and 3-bet if villain raises.
2. Check-call flop. Check-raise turn.

The way you played it, check-call river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, let me ask you:
What worse hands do you put him on that he would 3bet preflop, raise the flop and CALL DOWN a 3 bet with? Or bet the turn and CALL DOWN a turn check raise?

09-02-2005 08:35 AM

My thoughts:

Since there are more ways of being behind drawing for a little less than a 2outer on average than their are ways of being ahead of AK making him draw to about a 4+ outer, i guess checkcalling aint bad here opposed to crsing the flop.(your checkcall inclined me to think your read was he reraised you with AA-TT and AK?).

Checkcalling the turn seems about right since even AK and TT will often throw a last bet in here with such a coordinated flop. No need to lead out and folding to a raise and putting you in a spot where you can make very costly decisions

If the hands you read him on are correct, you can't beat him on the river anymore and you should check-fold. All power to you if you were able to however holding TPTK [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

09-02-2005 08:44 AM

Oh forgot to mention that if you would include AQ into his range, your getting above the right price to checkcall the river (you need 6:1)

if you include only AQs, you can still fold

brazilio 09-02-2005 08:46 AM

I don't know why this isn't a standard WA/WB unless it perhaps being a resteal gives you a larger amount of equity.

Folding anywhere here sucks.