Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 06:16 AM

Default Loads of questions

I'll try and be as brief as possible.
Started playing 10 months ago at microlimits (0,02/0,04!)and worked myself up to playing winningly at 0,5/1 fairly quickly. Cant afford to have a really big bankroll as my poker is one of my major earnings every month and subsequently I have to withdraw a large share of my bank roll at the end of every month.
Play 3 tables at the same time.
Stats: (0,5/1 - 6 max) 4,5BB/100 - 22% VPIP - PF raise 14,8%, (1/2 - 6 max) 2,9BB/100 - 21,5% VPIP - PF raise 15,1 %.
I play at least 600 hands/day - usually more than a 1000. Have a rake back deal that gives me an additional $500-600 monthly.
I read frequently in Theory of Poker, Inside the Poker Mind, Small Stakes Hold'em and Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players.

Now to the questions;

1 - I dont take enough notes on players which I should do (I think). However, at these microlimits level that I am playing is note taking really worth the time? The amount of time I will spend researching players in my PT (have about 12 000 players logged) and making notes will obviously stop me from playing as many hands as I normally do. Thoughts on this...?

2 - I am probably playing what you people call ABC-poker (allthough I believe I am more aggressive and not the weaktight kind of player...). How far up in limits do you think ABC-poker is sustainable?

3 - How much more tougher is 3/6 (6 max) than 1/2 (6 max)?

4 - What is a decent winrate on 0,5/1 (6 max) and 1/2 (6 max)?

5 - I know that everybody will say that I should STOP multitabling to improve my win rate which is fair enough but I cant afford to NOT multitable for the moment so what other advice can you give me to improve my win rate?

6 - How many people are frequent vistors on 2plus2? Is there a list of all members? I hate playing against other members...feels a bit like loosing/winning against your girl friend which is never really satisfactory either way....

Thank you for absolutely brilliant members...
Old 09-02-2005, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Loads of questions

1) you should take some notes while playing to get in the habit. this will help you at higher limits. don't stress about it.
2) 300/600 according to Paluka because nobody gives anyone credit for a hand
3) It's easier at the moment, but is slowly changing.
4) 3 bb/100
5) find better tables and don't do anything but poker when you play. no 2+2, no TV, no books, no phone, no friends.
6) if you click on any recently joined member you can see their member number. go here to view traffic http://www.alexa.com/data/details/ma...woplustwo.com/

glad you enjoy 2+2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 08:02 AM

1. its a waste of time for these limits
2. who knows. I never played ABC poker 100%. Its boring
3. not much tougher
4. I dont know. Youll never stay long enough there to know for sure. I had 1.9 at 1/2-6max and moved to 2/4-6max and then quickly to 3/6
5. Move up
6. ...
Old 09-02-2005, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1 - I dont take enough notes on players which I should do (I think). However, at these microlimits level that I am playing is note taking really worth the time? The amount of time I will spend researching players in my PT (have about 12 000 players logged) and making notes will obviously stop me from playing as many hands as I normally do. Thoughts on this...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I guess you can argue that for limit, notes really don't matter. It's debatable. For NO LIMIT THOUGH (not this topic, I know), NOTES DEFINITELY MATTER. (Only b/c there's a whole lot more at stake per single hand). Limit, you can compensate and probably learn quicker each player's tendencies.

Maybe only take notes if you know something blatantly obvious. (For example, a TOTAL maniac who raises everything no matter what, or for example, a TOTAL weak tight who if re-raises means the absolute nuts, otherwise he calls etc.)

Here's my take though. Yeah, the money you're playing for is small. But if you were to play the exact same way in a higher limit, your win/loss rate will be proportionally the same. Yah there's more fish in lower limits, but still. In a higher limit game, wouldn't you like to know ahead of time who's a fish, and what style of play each player is?

Yeah you may "lose less" or "win less" at lower limits, but still, you're still "winning" and "losing".

Maybe practice taking notes? Either way, "NOTES" are simply a concrete way of recording your observations. A good poker player should be making these sort of observations no matter what table he/she plays in.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In lieu of taking notes, I use my PokerAce numbers. I play limit holdem, and I'm just getting used to the (sometimes) fast paced action of 4-tabling. Most times its not a problem, but when you are in 2-3 hands at once it can get kind of crazy.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:16 AM

1. I try to make notes during play for particular plays. I also note how often a player cold-calls, as it's a fairly good indicator of skill level.

2. From reading this board, I think you're reaching the limit. I haven't played above 0.5/1, so I can't say for sure.

3. Can't say.

4. Most will say that anything above 2 BB/100 is good.

5. I'm not sure if it's the best recommendation since you're multitabling, but your VP$IP seems really low for 6-max. I have almost 21% VP$IP at full ring. Check out the Wookie's 6-max FAQ for more info.

6. You'll never be able to avoid 2+2 members. If you're ever curious, give a little 'sup bro?' at the table. It's a little code some posters use instead of 'Do you post at 2+2?' It's a little more subtle. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Also, since you and any 2+2 will be playing less hands, you'll have less conflicts. Besides, this could help your #5 - play against good players!
Old 09-02-2005, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6 - How many people are frequent vistors on 2plus2? Is there a list of all members? I hate playing against other members...feels a bit like loosing/winning against your girl friend which is never really satisfactory either way....

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd like having 2+2ers at my table- well if i know they're there anyways. it makes things more fun to try and outthink them. ABC poker gets uber-boring [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]