Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: Live Borgata Hand - Analysis Please

I would always rather push then call with this hand, but in this scenario there is more things you'd have to take into consideration. The chip sizes of everyone else at the table and there general level of play for instance. If you were among one of the leaders at your table and have a higher level of skill I would say to fold the tens and rely on aggression to wittle down your opponents chip stacks then gamble on coinflips for less money, but if you think you're gonna have to gamble to stay alive you might as well go with the read. The only thing I dont like about tens is your only at best a coinflip and at worst a huge dog, why not wait it out for a better spot to catch a player in, after all the blinds arent destructively big and you are at a full table which means your getting ten hands each round.

Plus you should have been able to judge what the players that limped are typical to limp with, cuase say they limped with connectors in hopes that they can hit big and trap someone in that case one of them may have a hand like 10-q or 9-10 elliminating one of your outs if you need to outdraw. Tens are tricky and usually it comes down to risk worth reward, me myself I wouldnt put my tornament on the line with them unless I believed I would have to gamble to get to the final table.