Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 11:54 PM

Default having trouble getting my # of hands in...need help

For the past 3 months, I have been 4-tabling 2-4 and 3-6 Limit. My goal so far is to get in 3-5hrs/day, so about 1000 hands/day on average.

However, I have found it quite difficult to get in 1000 hands/day.

Personally, maybe I just dont love poker as much as most you, but I found this to be quite a challange. I would only normally get in about 300-400 hands a day.

After that I wouldnt even feel like playing poker. Did any of you "pros" experience this when starting out, and what kind of "tricks" did you implement to help get your # of hands in?

As a side note, my 300-400 hands/day actually takes me about 2-3 to complete even when I 4-table, as I find myself constantly switching in and out of tables whenever it dries up or if I am losing. This leads to alot time on the waiting list, while I play 1-2 tables. I would say in an hour I would probably be actual 4-tabling about 20-30 of that hour.

So the question is, what do you when a table dries up? Do you move on or keep playing? For instance if a table had a vpip of 30% but has dipped to around 20-23%, what do you do? Do u stay or find another game?
Old 09-04-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Re: having trouble getting my # of hands in...need help

Why don't you just put in more hours? Don't you have any discipline? I doubt you will succeed as an online pro without it. If it's such a pain for you to play, maybe poker isn't for you.

And yes, when a good table turns bad, time to change tables.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:39 AM

Default Re: having trouble getting my # of hands in...need help

Try changing styles. Play no limit or sit 'n' gos.