Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 02:07 PM

Default HU situation (slowplay) with a flushy board against aggressive guy..

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Mhmhm ? My first time in these tables, the guy seems a bit overly aggressive overall maybe, how was my line? :/
Old 09-01-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: HU situation (slowplay) with a flushy board against aggressive guy..

I don't get it.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: HU situation (slowplay) with a flushy board against aggressive guy

A bit weirdish hand, was it okay to just call the flop, reraise on turn even when the flush card hit ? I'm also guessing river was correct (Clerkmeister's theorem thingie) ?
Old 09-01-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: HU situation (slowplay) with a flushy board against aggressive guy

I see lots of stupid aggressive players at 1/2, and sometimes I'll check the river and allow them a chance to bet as a bluff or bet thier pair. Since he called the 3 bet on the turn, I don't think he has the flush, but if you indicate fear of the fourth heart, sometimes super lags will bet in hopes that you fold or whatever it is they think.

This player might not be that aggressive though, I don't know. What do other (better) posters think?
Old 09-01-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: HU situation (slowplay) with a flushy board against aggressive guy..

I think most opponents have enough sense to be suspicious when a preflop raiser checks the flop heads up. My line here would be to bet the flop, call a raise and the donk the turn.

There is no way, I am folding a set to an (over)aggressive player on this river, but I like check/calling a lot more than bet/calling.