Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Re: 2+2 game

this is highly stacksize dependent.

and we should define bluffing. but I'll give an example of how bluffing might go wrong for you.

say tight player raises preflop. you call with any 2. flop comes with flush draw. he bets, you call planning on taking it away on the turn. flush comes on turn, he tries to block, you raise on top with air, he folds, you show because its 2+2.

lets say you don't even need a scarecard to bluff. lets say you checkraise flops and turns representing sets and get TP medium kickers to lay down.

but now you get aces in the hole. you bet. guy calls. flop comes K high straight draw heavy. you bet he calls. possible straight card hits the turn, you bet, he raises. now what? you have no idea if he is playing back with top pair because you've been bluffing or because he hit the straight.

bluffing a lot puts you in a lot of marginal situations and becomes tougher the deeper you are. you have to be really really good to play this way. really good.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: 2+2 game

yea I saw him with $1300 yesterday in this game. Early this morning on Stars I was playing in a $200 NL 6MAX game where a guy had $5200