Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2003, 08:51 PM

Default New UB Bonus

Hey guys,

Just got an email for a reload bonus at UB. Must be that "hardship" bonus. Anyway, here's the email.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi!

We're pleased to offer you a 50% deposit bonus on the next deposit you make at UltimateBet between Thursday August 28th, 2003 at 9 p.m. Eastern and Monday September 8th, 2003 at 9 p.m. Eastern. To take advantage of our deposit bonus offer, simply deposit $25 or more into your poker account at UltimateBet between Thursday August 28th, 2003 at 9 p.m. Eastern and Monday September 8th, 2003 at 9 p.m. Eastern.

After you make a deposit, a maximum of $100 Bonus Dollars will be automatically credited to your account. Bonus Dollars will be converted to real money for play on the site at the rate of $1 for every 10 UltimatePoints you earn at our $.25/$.50 or higher tables. Bonuses are limited to one per person.

Please send any questions you have about our bonus offer to us at Member Services

Sincerely,

Caitlyn

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone hasn't signed up at UB yet, PM me cause there's a certain way you can sign up and definitely get the 20% deposit bonus. If you clear that before September 8th, you can get the reload bonus as well. Bonus Whore Galore!

Cup
Old 08-28-2003, 09:06 PM

Default Re: New UB Bonus

Heh, just got the same e-mail myself. And I thought it was because I just took my money out [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2003, 09:42 PM

Default Too Good?

Well, I'd like some feedback on this one. I got the email too (havent played there in a while, have about $500 on the site). But I've heard of their recent problems and I can't help but wonder if this HUGE bonus could be a last dash for cash before they run???

Find it hard to believe a site as big as UB would do it, but I wasnt around for the Highlands / Poker Spot / others.

Anyone else smell anything funny? Or should I take the easy $100?

Pack
Old 08-28-2003, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Too Good?

$100 bonuses are standard. If they were going to take your money and run it would make much more sense to make it a 20% bonus up to $100 so you were forced to deposit $500 instead of $200.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:57 PM

UB lost alot of players with their recent server problems. Yesterday they completely closed the site and made server upgrades. I'm sure this bonus is a marketing effort to recoup some of the players they lost due to their previous technical difficulties.

With UB's ties to top name high profile pros such as Helmuth and Annie Duke I don't see them going the way of Highlands or PokerSpot. Simply too many poker celebrities reputations at stake. Plus, UB has plenty of working capital (cash), which was a problem with the other sites you mentioned. But you never know.

arod
Old 08-28-2003, 11:54 PM

is it confirmed that I would be allowed to take advantage of the 50% offer if i clear the initial 20%bonus offer by Sept 8.
in other words, they may be targeting their current players and may stipulations about new players coming in and trying to take advantage of both.

I know the TPCEO was encouraging players to try to clear their initial bonus in time to tke advantage of the current--player bonus that they ran...but obviously this isn't TP.

I will probably investigate though and try to take advantage. whoring opportunities like that don't come along everyday.
Old 08-29-2003, 12:22 AM

Are you trying to get a new account bonus and a deposit bonus? If you've already openned a new account and have a pending bonus, then you should be fine. I have almost $200 in unreleased bonuses there right now, I haven't taken advantage of this most recent one yet. If you haven't openned an account yet, I think you won't be able to take advantage of the reload bonus (my guess is that it's only for people who got the email; I could be wrong on this though). If you actually have a pending bonus and need to make a withdrawal before making the deposit, then that may invalidate the bonus, I haven't checked the fine print. I hope that answers your question.
Old 08-29-2003, 12:34 AM

Hi Cup:

I have a play money account for a long time, will I be able to take the 20% initial deposit/new account bonus? How do you do it?

thanks
JAque
Old 08-29-2003, 01:26 AM

Wow. No way! Has it been that bad?!!

I take a break from Poker for a week or so and find that UB has died on it's feet and loads have left. What the hell.

I think often the sites are to blame in this situation, even besides the obvious.

Step 1 when you are straining under the traffic.
GET RID OF ALL PLAY MONEY PLAYERS AND TABLES.

Hmmm, I'm wondering do I need to start taking money *out* instead of putting it in? Though if everyone did it could have a Wall Street Crash like effect...
Old 08-29-2003, 04:56 AM

I have $6 plus in forgotten and uncleared bonuses in UB. Damn, guess I would have to clear that first before whoring the next $100. True?