Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 03:28 AM

Default Re: I HATE this part of playing aggressively

the only thing i see as a possibility is a T with a club... but since he can't have the A of clubs it seems highly unlikely... to me this is an almost automatic fold if the description of villain is accurate.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:40 AM

smells like JJ or even 99 is possible.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:43 AM

Maybe I'm not getting it but could it be good to check-back on the turn with the flush draw and the dangerous board?
Old 08-31-2005, 11:45 AM

while that's great advice for a lone club, they're both clubs, not just the K. so he has a flush, get it?
Old 08-31-2005, 12:07 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by "nit" but, from the way the opponent played the hand, he doesnt look like he had a set...

For example, if i had a set, and that flop came, i would try and get as much money in as possible... That isnt a check calling flop with a set... So the river kinda looked like a bluff or maybe he hit 3 of a kind...

Also, on the turn. You should have asked yourself this question: "if the river made the board paired and he went all in, would i be pot committed enough to call it or would i fold?" He had alot fo money, I would have bet an amount that would make us both basically committed to the hand no matter what the river came...

In your case, you should have bet more on the turn, just so you wouldnt set yourself up for a laydown on the river

In my opinion, im calling the river.. If he has a set, then NH sir... But, I dont see my laying down that hand... But i also probably would have bet more on the turn, just so i wouldnt feel awkward calling a huge raise from him on river...
Old 08-31-2005, 01:10 PM

oh misread it tought he had a lone K of clubs.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what you mean by "nit" but, from the way the opponent played the hand, he doesnt look like he had a set...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nits are super rocky with no gamble in them. This means on the river it's a clear fold becuse he's full
Old 08-31-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he bets 10 , i raise to 250, he calls

[/ QUOTE ]

This part worries me. I think he's got JJ, AA or 99 and was going to jack it up on the turn but got scared of the 3-flush.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:49 PM

Hi fim,

I don't see the big problem. You're good here 1/3 times, unless by nit, you meant, "will never bet the river without a house here."

His hand looks more like a smaller flush than a set to me. The key is him passing on two chances to raise (flop, turn) when the board is loaded with draws (especially after that tiny flop lead). Maybe he decided he's better off check-calling all the way with a big hand--nope, he leads out huge and all-in on the end, giving you no chance to bluff.

It's not the greatest of spots, but I'm not folding it unless he's a player where there'd be absolutely no question (and thus no reason to post the hand).

I thought you were gonna describe the type of situation where you re-raise AA pf, the flop comes K 9 7r, and you get 3-bet all-in. Easy fold if he respects you, tough if he gives you no credit for having a hand.