Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 06:14 AM

Default Re: Flop Aggression, 3.5 to high? Spot leaks pls

32ish I also try to get my river AF around 1.8 I think that is a good amount to aim for.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:41 AM

Baron your stats look exactly like mine. Except I'm slightly more agressive on the turn, but not by much. I'm still fairly passive on the river. But I'm working on that one.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:52 AM

Just a general thought about flop aggression.

It really is hard to say whether 3.5 is correct for your style of play or not.

Hypothetically, a player who has stats like 8/7 should have a huge flop aggression factor if he plays well postflop because he is only entering the pot with superpremium hands and therefore most flops he will like. If you play a 30/20 style of game then you are hitting more draws and second pair type hands that may warrant calling rather than raising, therefore shrinking your aggression factor down to 2.0 or maybe lower.

So, you have to be really careful not to 'target' your flop aggression factor because what might be considered 'good' around here, may not be good for your style of play.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:07 AM

Im 22 vpip pfr 17 pre flop
Old 08-31-2005, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im 22 vpip pfr 17 pre flop

[/ QUOTE ]

With those stats I would think an ideal flop aggression factor would be 3-3.3, so you might be slightly aggressive but nothing out of line.

Your play is probably good, but you could ask yourself the following questions:

1) Am I autobetting every flop where I raised preflop? If so, maybe stop autobetting when you have 3 callers. Or, don't autobet flops like J97 2-suited against 2 callers when you have completely missed with 55 or even AK.

2) Am I autoraising flop with overcards when they donk into me? If so, try calling some flops if you have some backdoor outs and folding turns unimproved.

3) Am I autobetting every straight or flush draw I get a free look from the BB? Try check-calling and checkraising a later street if you improve.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:33 AM

I've never had a flop AF that low in my life and have done fine.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:04 PM

Thanks for the tips Spydog.

[ QUOTE ]
1) Am I autobetting every flop where I raised preflop? If so, maybe stop autobetting when you have 3 callers. Or, don't autobet flops like J97 2-suited against 2 callers when you have completely missed with 55 or even AK.

2) Am I autoraising flop with overcards when they donk into me? If so, try calling some flops if you have some backdoor outs and folding turns unimproved.

3) Am I autobetting every straight or flush draw I get a free look from the BB? Try check-calling and checkraising a later street if you improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

1)I dont autobet with 3 callers, but maybe I need to be more flop aware when its draw heavy flop and 2 callers.

2)I dont autoraise overcards 6 outs, maybe I do sometimes if Ive got backdoor draws, but Ill look into playing these more passively.

3) I do autobet draws from any position inc BB, so this is one area that I could improve most noticeably.

Thanks