Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Bankroll Bragging...

I have $1086 to my name now (rent/bills is paid through Sept).
I made $500 this week so imagine the trouble I was in...

I am rebuilding 8tabling the 11s. $700 of that $1086 will be untouched so it can be used for Sept rent/bills.

so I have a working $386 BR for the 11s, 2 months rent/bills paid.

If anyone else did this I would call them stupid.
<font color="white"> jmfcagdm! I am stupid </font>
Old 08-31-2005, 01:37 PM

2,3K. 4 tabling $11 as well as 4 tabling 1/2 limit 6max. I'm a pussy. But this pussy is gonna cash out for 2x20" Dells.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:45 PM

eastbay,

i really like that plan and it's exactly what i use (though cut in half to keep a $55 roll online). luckily haven't had to yet, but i'd plan on symmetrically adding the (in your case) $3k if it gets down to $4k for safety.

a friend did have a slightly over $1k roll stolen off of stars by people from north carolina (we still don't know how they got his info, but they lost it to each other purposely) -- not only is it safer elsewhere but it can also be earning at LEAST 3% and much higher in certain things

i highly recommend investing at least 10% of profits in something -- up until recently i've made the mistake of assuming all profits should be spent on luxuries, but while most of us are young it's a GREAT time to start putting money away and letting it grow
Old 08-31-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i highly recommend investing at least 10% of profits in something -- up until recently i've made the mistake of assuming all profits should be spent on luxuries, but while most of us are young it's a GREAT time to start putting money away and letting it grow

[/ QUOTE ]

people should really really really listen to this advice. holla
Old 08-31-2005, 02:05 PM

I will be starting to do that. From now on 50% of each month's profits stay in the BR, 25% go to taxes, etc and 25% gets invested.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:18 PM

6 k - 8 table the 33s
Old 08-31-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
eastbay,

i really like that plan and it's exactly what i use (though cut in half to keep a $55 roll online). luckily haven't had to yet, but i'd plan on symmetrically adding the (in your case) $3k if it gets down to $4k for safety.

a friend did have a slightly over $1k roll stolen off of stars by people from north carolina (we still don't know how they got his info, but they lost it to each other purposely) -- not only is it safer elsewhere but it can also be earning at LEAST 3% and much higher in certain things

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. My bankroll is technically ~40k but i've put 25 of it in an Ameritrade account to invest. Keeping any more money than you need online is bad for your longterm bankroll. At least put it in an ING savings account instead of keeping like $30k in Neteller to play the 55s like some people do. I have about 12k online to 8-table the 100s.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~$120,000 online right now in about 6 different sites. When I play SNGs, I 8-table the 215s, however I have recently moved more towards MTTs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dude, do u like letting online poker sites make money off of your money?

read Rich Dad Poor Dad

---sweet azz poker roll, but for fucsake, put a large chunk of that in a CD, mutual fund, stocks or at least an interest bearing savings account...i highly doubt you are putting more than 10% of that to use on a regular basis

ING Direct's 'Orange' gives over 3% right now (online savings account)

Rich Dad Poor Dad was actually delivered to my house yesterday . I actually had a meeting with an accountant today to see what would be best to do with my money. I am in the process of cashing out a large % of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

ING Direct - 3.15% interest plus fully (mostly) liquid. I don't even have my ING account linked to Neteller, but ING &gt; checking &gt; Neteller &gt; poker site would only take about a week (if the shat hit the fan).

BTW, The Millionare Next Door is a great one to pick up on CD for money management/what level of lifestyle to live, etc.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

BTW, The Millionare Next Door is a great one to pick up on CD for money management/what level of lifestyle to live, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would also look at Automatic Millionaire by David Bach. I have the book and the cd's on the computer if anyone is interested PM Me.

"Pay yourself first" thats the golden rule
Old 08-31-2005, 04:54 PM

All I got out of Rich Dad Poor Dad was that the SoB got ridiculously lucky in real estate then took some common sense and peddled a book out of it.

I have about $1300 in eurobet and $650 in Firepay (for Pokerstars reload). I have more money in my bank to back that up if needed. I 4-table the $55's while watching TV though if I don't achieve a satisfactory $/hour rate I will go back to the $25+2 turbo's at PStars (maybe 8-tabling if I can handle the boredom).