Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 12:40 AM

Default First HUSH Post, 5/10 hand.

MP is LAG (54/27), but is not that crazy postflop. CO is TAG (based on a small sample), no strong reads on him.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Maybe I should have folded preflop... but I didn't, so give me a line.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Re: First HUSH Post, 5/10 hand.

Tough preflop decision when it's two back to you. I really don't know which is correct, given that you say CO may be a TAG and therefore his range of capping hands probably have you dominated. But, you are getting a likely 6:1 to call, and guaranteed action postflop, and you said your sample size on CO is small.

On the flop, go for the check-raise: it'll work 99% of the time here.

Play thereafter will depend on what happens ....

Adam
Old 08-31-2005, 12:55 AM

I suck but I'll try.

I go for a checkraise on the flop. If MP bets/CO calls or visa versa I raise. If you get 3-bet by either I call and fold turn ui against tag, call down agasint lag. If MP bets CO raises I make a crying fold.

On the turn, if your checkraise worked, I lead any none ace or king flop, unless the ace or king is a heart. If raised I call and fold river ui. If ace or king hits, I check-call down. If checked behind on turn, I bet/call hu and check 3 way.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:00 AM

I bet the flop.

/mc
Old 08-31-2005, 02:25 AM

Preflop seems close, I'm still not quite sure. So on the flop, I decided to go for the check-raise...

Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets</font>, <font color="red">CO raises</font>, Hero ?
Old 08-31-2005, 02:35 AM

I like the C/R on the flop for the very reason that you showed: If it comes back 2 to you, its an easy fold. If you are able to C/R w/o a 3-bet you likely have best hand or are getting C/R on the turn by an overpair(by a tricky player). I think the C/R is the best line since you called the PF cap.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:39 AM

I think you should fold now.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop seems close, I'm still not quite sure. So on the flop, I decided to go for the check-raise...

Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets</font>, <font color="red">CO raises</font>, Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

fold --- this is another advantage to the check/raise line ... u can fold whhen this happens.

Adam
Old 08-31-2005, 11:25 AM

Given the line you took, fold the flop when it's two back to you. And given that there's a LAG to your left, I probably avoid open-raising UTG in a 6-handed game with marginal stuff like QJs. It's pretty to look at, but not the kind of hand you want to get isolated with. Tough to play it out of position unless your very comfy vs LAGs. (Actually, tough regardless.)

5-handed I still open-raise with it, but 6-handed . . . I lean towards dumping it.