Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Any mistakes on this hand?

[ QUOTE ]
Someone will have issue with this, but I'll say it : you missed a fold on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you say this because of the number of opponents? I'm interested, because I'm less likely to fold here with 2 aces on the flop than one (you know the old...there's an ace extra ace on the board which is one more that's not in someone's hand...) We did have alot of people seeing that flop, though...
Old 08-30-2005, 09:48 PM

UTG had 33
Old 08-30-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the preflop call, what kind of read do you have on UTG? I can't see you being ahead on the river, UTG should have raised on the turn to trap everyone for 2BB

[/ QUOTE ]

So you put UTG on a slowplayed A? Can you elaborate?

I put UTG on Kx[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], KJ, or KT, but i think you have to call.

I also vote for folding preflop.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:58 PM

I would check the turn saving yourself a BB. For two people to call I would say one had to of had a hand that had an A or at least a Q like yours. The bet on the flop didn't get rid of them so on the turn a 3 is not likely to get rid of them either Unless you have a better hand. In short if you bet, you win if you have the best hand. Which you would of likely done anyway. They will only call if they can beat you therefore you are not gaining any by betting on the turn. However call the river.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:02 PM

Raise or fold preflop--this is not a good multiway hand. Maybe suited. MAYBE. Anyway, you'd like to see fewer ppl in with this hand. I would raise without limpers, probably fold with them.

The flop raise is a bit risky, since you could face a reraise. There's also the possibility that SB can slowplay an A, but his check PF means he probably didn't have it (if he did, he'd raise to thin the pot). I'd consider a call followed by a bet on the turn.

It seems like these guys got tricky with their hands. Once UTG bets after seeing a K on the river, I KNOW I'm not best since his calldown makes sense. What bothers me is how he stuck around despite a bet/raise on the flop getting almost 11:1 to get his set. Two bets on that flop with 33? I'm definitely folding.

But he didn't. So you need to fold it once that river hits.

-AC
Old 08-30-2005, 10:03 PM

[quote
So you put UTG on a slowplayed A? Can you elaborate?

I put UTG on Kx[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], KJ, or KT, but i think you have to call.

[/ QUOTE ]
To be honest, I put him on a slowplayed A, but the pp makes sense. What are people limping in with UTG, small pps, monster hands maybe? I think you are behind because after SB bets out, he having 33 has to either raise or fold this. He chose neither. Then he calls the bet on the turn which is a huge mistake, definetly raise that, can't let people draw out on you if they have an ace, and anyone with an ace isn't going anywhere. But he chooses to donk bet the river, if he was playing a K the whole time, put him on your buddylist, but how could he have called the turn bet with a K? Thus when the K falls and he donk bets, I cannot imagine him playing a K, so what could he have... Perhaps a Q, an A. I couldn't imagine a 3, but maybe a couple of them.(wouldn't guess this by the way he play it though.)
Old 08-30-2005, 11:20 PM

eh to preflop. Could go either way for me. I kind of like the postflop line taken though.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would check the turn saving yourself a BB. For two people to call I would say one had to of had a hand that had an A or at least a Q like yours. The bet on the flop didn't get rid of them so on the turn a 3 is not likely to get rid of them either Unless you have a better hand. In short if you bet, you win if you have the best hand. Which you would of likely done anyway. They will only call if they can beat you therefore you are not gaining any by betting on the turn. However call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a flush draw and some straight draws on that flop. Our hand may well be best, so we want to extract money from those draws while we can. If you're going to raise this flop (and find that you are not 3-bet), you have to bet the turn (in fact, i vote for bet/folding this turn).
Old 08-31-2005, 03:12 AM

Why are we raising this flop? What does it do for us?

Fwiw I don't get it one bit. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Brad
Old 08-31-2005, 03:17 AM

id fold preflop (yes i know nobody likes this answer)

flop: i fold this without a second thought. I can see why you might want to call, but why are you raising?