Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Re: PLO8 $400 hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone take a more aggressive line here?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even on the river? Given the betting on prev. streets it seems like Villian1 would bet if he had made a full house.... feel like I missed a bet there.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Re: PLO8 $400 hand

[ QUOTE ]
Even on the river? Given the betting on prev. streets it seems like Villian1 would bet if he had made a full house.... feel like I missed a bet there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, yeah, the more i think about it the more i like a bet. you could have good player with a wrap+K-hi flush willing to call, and fishy might call. given fishy is here, a sneaky check-raise to blow fishy out seems unlikely. of course, if he had 22 and thinks you are over-agro, then.....

[ QUOTE ]
Greg would you raise that flop 1/2 pot bet if the bad player in the middle didn't call?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. People who bet on 2-high card boards like that can’t be counted on to fold sets or 2-pair, and you are behind if they don’t. I’d be more likely to raise if the bad player stayed, actually, as then you have odds and might get free cards.

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously I don't play this level so does anyone else have an interpretation of the 1/2 pot bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

two pair seems most likely, but a wrap hand like TQK with or without spades is also possible.