Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Getting in a Mess at 5/10

What if you thought SB was tricky?

I am just recalling how he cold-called QQ PF against my AJ and let me bet a J-flop to the River HU before raising me. He had also shown some preponderance to slow-play like this against others.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What if you thought SB was tricky?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd still bet the river. It's hard to not be tainted by the real river. Even if he's tricky, he has to have a hand to be tricky with and I think much more often he has a regular hand.

Krishan
Old 08-29-2005, 02:27 PM

Yeah it is close. The 2-soots on the flop make me want to raise and perhaps I should. Against this is idea that I have the backdoor draw should a 3rd spade fall (so I have enough equity to play on should that arise) and I do not really want to fold this if 3-bet. No flush draw is folding, a single A might and especially the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and certainly this is to my advantage.

Ho-hum. As my image was poor and the whole table probably expects me to raise this low board as the PFR with position, waiting until the Turn gives my raise a lot more credibility. There are really not too many cards I fear, Krishans point about the player not betting the Turn is the most valid IMO.

What weighting do you place on my abysmal image Krishan?
Old 08-29-2005, 02:31 PM

Raise the flop.

The pot is multiway, and I see no reason to get fancy here. The player in front of you often won't bet the flop. Also, your plan to raise the turn could clash with that of others who are either slowplaying or might hit draws, which could put you in some extremely tough positions after the flop (like here) where you have put in two or three big bets before you realize that you even have an opportunity to consider getting away from your hand.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:45 PM

I see I did not include my comment about image for this hand (as I did for the other).

My concern is not to get FPS, but that my image is poor and as PFR with position I think a lot of players will expect me to raise overs. I do not think it will so easily achieve the folds people suggest as a consequence. This was the main reason I delayed. The $5/$10 players are not so much the passive non-thinkers I have played before at $3/$6 down, I really do think many are watching and anticipating moves. A 3-bet would not necessarily mean a 9, and I could also expect to get CR or donked a lot on the Turn too. It's all rather confusing, part of the problem with running with a bad image... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My concern is not to get FPS, but that my image is poor and as PFR with position I think a lot of players will expect me to raise overs. I do not think it will so easily achieve the folds people suggest as a consequence.

[/ QUOTE ]

This really makes me want to raise the flop. If you get too much action, just call down.

Krishan