Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 05:44 PM

Default How a trash bin turned me into a Liberal.

“What the Hell are you doing!?” I yelled. “You can’t throw trash here”. I was met with mute stares from the two teenage kids, and then the mother harped at me from the driver’s side window. An argument ensued that is best lift to the imagine but the high points detailed by mom were: a) that last year a trash bin was there (a bald-faced lie) and that they used to be able to throw away trash in it and; b) the overflowing trash bin presently outside the fence should be inside the fence so as not to tempt them into dumping trash.

I responded, (I have to defend myself and our obvious work zone?) “The bin was moved outside temporarily because we are working inside the fenced area. You can’t just dump trash anywhere you please, this is the area we are working around and the bin is slated for removal, and not just because it is heaped to overflowing with trash piled around it [all done illegally by the plethora of other human vermin infesting the area], but because the bin and associated trash is in our work zone,” I added. Apparently this was not enough to mollify the scofflaws with boxes of trash almost tumbling out of their minivan.

Other more inane statements were flung at me that I chose to ignore. But the main point of posting about this little escapade, is the implicit and explicit thinking oozing from mom and the teenage sons: It was beyond any doubt to them that it was MY FAULT that they were dumping trash were they KNEW they weren’t suppose to be dumping it. In addition, I had the audacity to catch them in the very act, further proof to them that I was the real guilty party, not they. They must be Liberals, I concluded, when they finally drove away. Their logic escapes me and I can only plead lack of imagination in my thinking abilities as an excuse.

This occurred on Friday afternoon. Friday night, I am positive, mom and teenaged sons returned and dumped their trash anyway. The trash mound grows daily. And it is entirely my fault. I guess I can finally see that now. I have sinned and must ask society for its forgiveness.

So now when fat person A buys yet another ding-dong, I see that it is the ding-dong company that is at fault for the ding-dong fat person’s fat rolling in huge waves about their middle. I see that now. The word responsibility should be removed from the dictionary. It is an affront to all right thinking people. I now see the light. I have been saved. I am now a liberal. Please dump your trash in my work zone, it’s the least you can do for a nascent liberal trying to clear up a past so blatantly tainted by bad thinking and bad ideas.

Le Misanthrope
Old 08-28-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: How a trash bin turned me into a Liberal.

[ QUOTE ]
They must be Liberals, I concluded, when they finally drove away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Conservatives would never invade someone else's territory. They'd also be well prepared for confrontation, and would have said something clever like "we thought there were WMD's in there" or "we're just bringing democracy to the trash bin".

[ QUOTE ]
I see that it is the ding-dong company that is at fault for the ding-dong fat person’s fat rolling in huge waves about their middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on now, that's just crazy-talk! That's like saying a crack-dealer is at fault when he tries to push his product on your kids. Clearly your children are capable of exercising a little self-control.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:13 PM

let's get this straight...

family dumps trash in place you don't like, arguement ensues, you conclude them to be liberals.

therefore, you connect the dots and realize this is a good example to use for a long winded sarcastic spiel about why you dislike liberals?

ROFL.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:39 PM

I was lost as well, at first I thought he was serious then I thought it became satrical, then I thought he became serious again, I was confused.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was lost as well, at first I thought he was serious then I thought it became satrical, then I thought he became serious again, I was confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, we finally agree on something [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2005, 10:44 PM

yes, you owed them the money to take their trash to the dump. And some gas for the mini van.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can only plead lack of imagination in my thinking abilities as an excuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sentence explains your whole post.

-ptmusic
Old 08-28-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently this was not enough to mollify the scofflaws with boxes of trash almost tumbling out of their minivan

[/ QUOTE ]

Zeno, you do not mollify scofflaws; you shoot 'em.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Zeno, you do not mollify scofflaws; you shoot 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

HDPM was suppose to say that but I'm glad you are coming around John. I appear to be softening in my old age. Then again, I can't take my guns to work so my options were limited.

-Zeno
Old 08-29-2005, 01:38 AM

Noted HDPM. See John's response for some real fireworks. You appear to be slipping. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-Zeno