Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 02:43 PM

Default QQ from SB with 2 Limpers, 5-handed, 1 from final table

Villian had just won a huge pot when he flop flush in BB with 72s and bet out on flop and opponent went all in with set, so I thought he might be feeling pretty good about himself.

The limp really messed up this hand for me. On the Flop I did not think he had the King but I wanted to try and find out some info so I bet 1/2 pot, when he just called I figured that he did not have a King, because he did not reraise, maybe JJ, TT or some other pair. With 2 diamonds I would think a set would bet out to protect their hand.

The turn is the question.

I really could not think of any hands that you would limp with preflop and then call a 4BB raise and no reraise, and then just call on the flop.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero (t2265)</font>
BB (t2425)
UTG (t1985)
MP (t2695)
<font color="#C00000">Button (t7180)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls t100, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t100, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t400</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, Button calls t300.

Flop: (t1000) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t500</font>, Button calls t500.

Turn: (t2000) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ?
Old 08-27-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: QQ from SB with 2 Limpers, 5-handed, 1 from final table

Given,

1)you are OOP and somewhat short,
2)the pay increase at the final table means you aren't horribly eager to play a large pot right now (especially OOP),
3)there are already 2 limpers,
4)AJ sometimes calls,

I would push preflop.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given,

1)you are OOP and somewhat short,
2)the pay increase at the final table means you aren't horribly eager to play a large pot right now (especially OOP),
3)there are already 2 limpers,
4)AJ sometimes calls,

I would push preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing is a big overbet. You are out of position, but QQ is a strong hand against limpers. Playing overly cautious on the final table bubble is very bad, because the big money isn't in just making the final table.

I like the raise to 400. With 2 limpers, you could make it 500.

I am not sure what to tell you to do on the turn.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:06 PM

I was thinking that if I bet anything I am totally pot committed so I might as well push them all in here and try and win it right here.

I was curious if anyone though I should have checked the flop, or the turn after the smooth call on the flop.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pushing is a big overbet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good. Overbets get called by AJ and TT a lot, especially from the loose big stack.

[ QUOTE ]
Playing overly cautious on the final table bubble is very bad, because the big money isn't in just making the final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do the math. I'm not saying you are necessarily wrong (although my gut instinct says you are *in this particular situation with these exact hands, stack and position*) but in several months reading your posts - all of which are like this - I have never once seen you do a math ($EV) analysis of any hand.

[ QUOTE ]
I like the raise to 400. With 2 limpers, you could make it 500.

I am not sure what to tell you to do on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's not 'bet'. But you must continuation bet pretty much any flop HU, which is a further problem OOP with a loose big stack.