Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 01:14 AM

Default How do you like this?

FullTiltPoker Game #197841488: Table Pine Ranch - $0.25/$0.50 - Limit Hold'em - 0:40:38 ET - 2005/08/27
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero in BB [Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
UTG calls $0.25
3 Fold
MP3 raises to $0.50
CO folds
Button folds
SB folds
Hero calls $0.25
UTG calls $0.25

Okay I think this is my first mistake here, calling a raise with just QJo out of position is not the greatest idea. However I am a fish and as he could be doing this with a medium pair or 2 big cards like AK i decide to take a flop and play it from there. No read on this guy buy the way

*** FLOP *** [9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
MourningHeat23 checks
Memphis_sugar checks
RJ114M bets $0.25
MourningHeat23 raises to $0.50
Memphis_sugar calls $0.50
RJ114M raises to $0.75
MourningHeat23 folds
Memphis_sugar calls $0.25

Okay I hit a pretty good flop for this hand. Im only way behind to AJ a flush and QQ KK AA. When the preflop raiser bets I put him on maybe Ah9 or maybe Ak with a heart. I decide to raise as those hands would most likely re-raise and I would just fold this and move on. If he does have something like non heart AK this is probably going to be just called and will have gained value. Does anyone see the raise as a good thing. I am trying to be more agressive, but is this over the top? However UTG calls cold and that can't be good, maybe pair and flush draw for him. Then MP3 reraises, it's definitley time to peel. Even with the pot as huge as it is this is an EASY EASY fold right?
Old 08-27-2005, 02:19 AM

Default Re: How do you like this?

Which one are you again?
Old 08-27-2005, 02:48 AM

Default UH OH

UH OH i was working on this in non webpage for a while and decided to comeback and finish up later i forgot to save the progress, therefore the names were posted on the flop. I'm REALLY REALLY sorry I didn't try to do that and the time to edit has passed. I'm sorry. Okay Im mourning23. I feel really bad about this. Show your scorn for my actions by ostrasizing me nonstop. Give me what i deserve.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:15 AM

Default Re: How do you like this?

Full Tilt $0.25/$0.50

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 3 folds, <font color="red">MP3 raises,</font> 3 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP3 bets, <font color="red">Hero raises,</font> UTG calls, <font color="red">MP3 3-bets,</font> Hero folds, UTG calls.

Reads on your opponents would be nice (if you don’t have any, say so, it’s OK). You’re not going to get anyone with a high heart to fold here, and if it gets checked through, you’ve given any heart a free shot at beating you. So I’d bet out.

You’re behind a lot of possible holdings, including some you didn’t mention. Let’s see … AA-JJ, 99, 66, any two hearts, AJ, KJ, for starters. You’re probably a dog to flush draws with overcards as well.

Long story short, I’m not a fan of the CR.