Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Help me settle this dispute with a 2+2er ($215)

Not raising the two limpers with AJs in the CO is standard? Just want to make sure.

GO ALL IN YOU HAVE THE NUTS (just kidding)
Old 08-26-2005, 06:25 PM

If you can't give a free card here, then when can you. If another heart drops.. you get paid and you're only worried about the board pairing up.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can't give a free card here, then when can you. If another heart drops.. you get paid and you're only worried about the board pairing up.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is dumb. people slow play way too much. the most useful cash game strategy in pot limit is BUILDING pots. you have the nuts right now. build the pot. dont try to slow play then bet 100 on the river. bet 100 now. get some people in there. bet 75, get some people in there. bet 50, get some people in there. bet SOMETHING. dont check. holla
Old 08-26-2005, 06:36 PM

I bet 50-100. Donks will call with a pair, thinking you are bluffing entirely, semi bluffing a heart, or have some PP. I think you get at least one or two calls. Then make a similar sized bet on the river. You'll get another call. If the caller doesn't hit his draw, you won't get paid off anyway. If the person was slowplaying, I think they check raise, or they might try to bluff at it themselves, thinking that you would be scared of the smooth call on the turn.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:36 PM

Again, I ask this question to those who say not to at least mini-bet:

If the OP had NOTHING, should he mini-bet, since nobody is going to call?

WTF ever happened to betting for value?

I mean, only an idiot on the 11s is going to get stacked on the river after the flop and turn check through and they hit the non-nut flush, so bet now, hope they have a K or the Qh or whatever.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:45 PM

Don't be scared of betting something on the flop. You have the best hand a good % of the time, better hands will fold, you may get a free Turn card (vs. checking and getting bet into on a blank Turn), and even if you had total Jack-shat, you could make a good value bluff there (a % of the time, not getting carried away with betting every time, of course). Let your cards/the situation/the board randomize your flop bluffs when checked to acting last - and this board/your hand in unison are screaming "bet this flop!"
Old 08-26-2005, 11:16 PM

in the same line of thinking as raptors, i think the big question here is:

is it more likely that you get paid ANYTHING AT ALL now + on the later streets or more likely that you get paid after the random card hits for free?

i honestly think that there aren't that many cards that are going to cause anyone to give you more action on the river, whereas there's plenty of hands that will give you action on the turn that either will give you the same action on the river (and you'll have missed out on a street of action) or will have your action ruined by the river.

i think the point that i'm trying to make a few beers in here is that while by betting now you have the possibility to get action on two streets, and possibly a good amount of action on either one, by further slowplaying this hand, it is far more likely that you kill your action than increase it, and regardless to that, you miss out on the action that hands may have given you on the turn.

i apologize of those two paragraphs are nearly identical,

citanul
Old 08-26-2005, 11:20 PM

Bets t200, expecting to get paid.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:36 AM

HERO BETS THE FLOP.

HERO BETS THE TURN.

WTF.

Will
Old 08-27-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet 100 now. get some people in there. bet 75, get some people in there. bet 50, get some people in there. bet SOMETHING. dont check. holla

[/ QUOTE ]