Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: KK calls 3bet...

Push pf. After the flop, I would bet money villian had QQ. He's just isolating the raiser with a hand that wants to be heads up all in pf. You're way ahead of that range of hands. Another option is raising to $100 and a pushing any flop, but you may lose action or the pot if the flop is scary, or you get drawn out on a flop that you can't get away from.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:16 PM

okay, fair enough. But what makes you thinks this player isn't good? He seem's to play pretty tight, right?
Old 08-26-2005, 04:19 PM

No players are good in the NL100. And this guy's line in this hand shows that he's not good. And he's 13/5 for christ's sake. How good can he be?
Old 08-26-2005, 04:21 PM

Doesn't pushing fold out anything than AA here? He's quite a rock.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:25 PM

okay, one more question. What does it mean that he is a 13/5. I haven't been to this site for a long time and I don't remember what it means. Also, what should those numbers be for a good player, and how do you know what those numbers are for people you are playing with. Thanks in advance you have been really helpful.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I say disconnect on the river. It won't look like cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should just grow some balls & make a decision instead of cheating. I hope the next time you try this, you find out that the site you're playing on has ended your disconnect protect and you lost a massive pot with the best hand.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:40 PM

These are things that are covered in more depth elsewhere on this site and others. Try searching in this forum for +"SSNL" -"re:" and username BobboFitos or -Skeme-. Those FAQs will be really helpful for you if you are new to the site. Bobbo's might be in the archive by now, I have no idea. Also, the sticky at the top of the forum has or will have links to some really useful threads. In any case, the short answer is that it means that he voluntarily plays (meaning outside of free rides in the blinds) 13% of his hands and he raises 5% of them (all hands dealt, not 5% of the 13%.) So he is very tight and passive. At 6max, that is not the way to make money. My numbers are more like 25/12 or so. But it really all depends on the table and game conditions. But this guy is so passive that he is simply not going to be pushing his money into the middle against someone who cold-called a preflop re-raise without at least AA here and in my opinion QQ is much more likely based on his postflop play.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:44 PM

okay thanks alot for not calling me a noob [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]