Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: My failure as a poker pro (very long)

I cannot even begin to explain how ludicrous that post was, I understand that was a very traumatizing period in your life but I cant feel sorry for someone who makes poor life choices and then blames it on society at large, or in this case bad luck or "variance" or whatever you called it.
So correct me if i'm wrong, but what yu did was begin a poker career w/ an admitted, limited amount of knowledge and experience, played at astronomical limits which you obviously weren't able to handle psychologically or financially and you bought high-price items w/ no financial backup plan just in case your "poker career" didnt work out as planned.
And now you seem to be mad at players who have been successful, jealousy or bitterness?, over the years and seem to be transferring blame from your own bad life decisions on things that don't even exist and a GAME of all things.
If your mistakes arent obvious to you at this point then I probably wouldn't be able to convince you but that fact is your an incredible fish, you are what expert players make money on.
You've been playing for only 2 years and you were actually surprised that you dumped your entire bankroll multi-tabling 15-30 and playing in $215 sng's, LOL. I dont mean to poke fun, I know it sucks to go broke like that but I dont think anybody in this forum would feel very sorry for you.
The best advice I can give you is to check out the Psychology section on this forum, once you gain some insight into how expert players think in terms of what is successful, you might be able to better understand where you went wrong. Other than that all I can say is good luck w/ your mortgage job (which I would keep if you plan on leasing anymore Infiniti's) and your supermodel.