UTG ($23.68)
UTG+1 ($71.10)
MP1 ($9.70)
MP2 ($24.72)
LP1 ($25)
Hero ($24.65)
CO ($25)
OTB ($27.35)

Preflop: Hero is in LP2 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">(3 folds)</font>, <font color="#FF0000">MP2 raises [$1.10]</font>, <font color="#666666">(1 fold)</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises [$3.90]</font>, <font color="#666666">(3 folds)</font>, BB calls [$3.65], MP2 calls [$2.80]

Flop: <font color="#009933">($11.45)</font> 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets 7</font>, BB folds, <font color="#FF0000">MP2 raises pot</font>, Hero folds.

My opponent was aggressive for the $25 tables but by no means a maniac. I figured that if I bet full pot that I would pot commit myself and I don't think that he makes this play with anything that I beat.

What do you guys think?
Old 08-25-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Pushing AA

If a guy knows you have AA and make a move to push you off with a worse hand, then that's fine, he can do that, because you know what, the donkeys with AA, they will just call and take his money. He isn't going to bluff. Ever. Because idiots call, all the time.
You might want to check the flop and bet if no-one bets out the turn. If the turn comes a low card and someone bets out, call them with your low draw, as they may be betting high or low draw themselves. On the river call any small bet should low not hit, fold if someone pots it. Raise if low hits, as they may be betting A2 themselves, and your AA will then beat whatever they have for high usually.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:29 AM

A fold is quite acceptable, but lets see what the case is for calling:

His raise put him all in so you are getting about 3:1 on a call, and the potential damage is limited.

How do you interpret his initial raise with no one else in the pot? He could have the other 2 aces, a nice low hand or a 'Broadway Jumble'. It is really only the last that has you in trouble (it would be more concerning if the BB had made this play). It sounds like you see him as a player who knows what he is doing - so he may well have observed you and categorized you similarly, knowing that you will probably go away here. Would he pot it to open with a load of high cards? Unlikely. Could he have a Ten as a dangler? Possibly. The only way we will know is to call, giving us useful information about someone that could be a threat at the table.

I think I can live with making the investment (and suffering the subsequent derision) [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2005, 05:59 PM

I probably couldn't fold here, unless I know MP2 wouldn't make a move on me. Most likely you saved yourself money, but after putting in 40% of my stack, I'd be uncertain enough about MP2 having a T (along with my backdoor nut low), that I'd put the rest in.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:10 PM

i'd have either bet half the pot, or more likely have checked to see a turn card.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd have either bet half the pot

[/ QUOTE ]
I basically did bet 1/2 pot (7 into a 12ish pot).

[ QUOTE ]
or more likely have checked to see a turn card.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am beginning to think this is the correct play.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'd have either bet half the pot

[/ QUOTE ]
I basically did bet 1/2 pot (7 into a 12ish pot).

[ QUOTE ]
or more likely have checked to see a turn card.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am beginning to think this is the correct play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the correct play is to do both, mixing your frequency of which you do when.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:59 AM

If I assume that if my opponent is bluffing then he still has around 10% of the PE then even with my back door low he needs to be bluffing more then 1:4 for a call to be profitable. (It is a little early so this math may be off).

I really don't think that he bluffs that frequently.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, the correct play is to do both, mixing your frequency of which you do when.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is an interesting idea which I think I like.

If you do bet and he goes over the top of you do you agree with folding?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you do bet and he goes over the top of you do you agree with folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

In most cases yes