Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 10:23 AM

Default Re: $55 - getting away from AA postflop

Looking at the range of hands he could be playing, I can't see a good way to get away from this one....nor any reason why you should. I agree that a read is important in this case. If he had QQ or 99 I see him raising pre-flop. Doesn't fit. Q9? Possible, I guess. QJ, QK or QA fits pretty well, in which case you're golden. J10 makes the most sense however, in which case you're beat. Hmmm....

If he flopped the straight, I see him just calling in this case. (obviously you would have a better read on him, so take that for what it's worth)

Nope. I see it more as him having TPTK. You're stuck. You have to call, and then fire at the pot again to see where you stand.

Tough spot.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: $55 - getting away from AA postflop

[ QUOTE ]
Your only behind 99,88,JT.

QQ is almost out of the question because he would've reraised pf. I dont think he would play with JT out of position but then again, I dont know how donkish the $55s are. So his only likely holdings that beat you are a low set.

Push it....for some reason, I cant get away from a hand if I think they might have a set. It just seems that 1/8 of the time I lose my money, but the other 7/8ths make it all back. meh.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are also behind 89, Q9, and Q8 here. Villain is in the BB in level one, so you cannot just ignore these. Also, if you push here you are probably blowing villain off a lot of hands you would not mind playing on against, but are definitely getting called by all better hands.