Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Convince me this is a misclick and not collusion ($22)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he's right. I think it's more likely, however, that you're dealing with a donk who doesn't know about pot odds. Ie, he just plays his cards. DON'T correct him; just write a note and hopefully next time you're short stacked he'll be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im actually leaning more towards this now that I calm down...I know it wasnt for strategic purposes as he had no clue how to play the bubble to begin with...if this is going on at 22, well see me at the 33 tomorrow

[/ QUOTE ]

In the long run, his making this play with be to your benefit. It just sucks that in SnGs sometimes he can steal your EV when you've folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly
Old 08-26-2005, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DON'T correct him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh boy did that ship ever sail....

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Think about all the donks you've played with who yell at people who open push on lvl 1. Don't be one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche...that is a weakness of mine, i need to just bite my upper lip...but at the 22/33 i dont worry about what they think of me, they wont remember me tomorrow
Old 08-26-2005, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ill admit I do this sometimes (not often) with the chip lead on the BUBBLE but ITM?

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically you're on the bubble of the jump from 3rd to 2nd. The fact that you want him to call the small stack so small stack busts, makes it very clear, that is: even YOU are thinking about it as a bubble. If it wasn't a bubble situation you wouldn't mind him calling or folding, as you basically don't mind people doing whatever they do, whether it's "right" or "wrong", in a ring game when you're not involved.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ill admit I do this sometimes (not often) with the chip lead on the BUBBLE but ITM?

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically you're on the bubble of the jump from 3rd to 2nd. The fact that you want him to call the small stack so small stack busts, makes it very clear, that is: even YOU are thinking about it as a bubble. If it wasn't a bubble situation you wouldn't mind him calling or folding, as you basically don't mind people doing whatever they do, whether it's "right" or "wrong", in a ring game when you're not involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, ok fine, maybe its a little bubble, thats not the point here, as the big stack, can you honeslty tell me that you would fold here getting 13:1.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, ok fine, maybe its a little bubble, thats not the point here, as the big stack, can you honeslty tell me that you would fold here getting 13:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, (and having lurked for months i respect your opinion) The thing is I would almost understand it if we were 4 handed because the dynamics are so different, but this one....wow...ill just chalk it up to donkish behavior, iguess..
Old 08-26-2005, 09:52 AM

I used to berate these kind of plays too. And by "used to" I really mean "still occasionally do." My biggest fear is that one day I'll go head to head with one of these donks, and he'll have his way with me, and then afterwards say "Hey, thanks for teaching me about pot odds, that really helped." Oh, the horror.

Anyway, yeah, this is a terrible fold. While I made a fold like this once or twice on the REAL bubble (at which point I was accused of cheating, of course). I think the blinds ITM are are way too high to pull this [censored] here. I've seen shorty come back and win the whole thing after doubling up way too often.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:32 AM

This happens quite a bit, villian has 23o, 24o, 25o, 36o etc and doesn't realise pot odds, and thus folds because his hand is AWFUL and doesn't want his opponent to 'double' up not really realising the true situation.

I don't get why your considering collusion, i see this lots (in low buyin multis too)
Old 08-26-2005, 10:35 AM

honestly, even if its collusion, what are you going to do about it? you can't be 100% sure, and turning them in without concrete proof just looks foolish.

don't shake your head, shake it off. stupid play, but oh well, keep on chuggin'. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2005, 10:37 AM

If I have the chip lead like this and both of my opponents are playing too tight for the blinds and situation I will DEFINITLY do this.
Closed Thread