Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 21
6. American Pie :: Don McLean 67 67.00%
11. Behind Blue Eyes :: The Who 33 33.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Mahatma vs. X: A one million dollar pot.

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, I doubt people would vote one way or another because of how I feel about the issue. At least I hope not.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is grossly naive.

[ QUOTE ]
If a majority want them to stay I have no problem leaving them alone,

[/ QUOTE ]

You are aware that it's possible to construct a series of polls that would "demonstrate" the majority want no content here whatsoever (especially with your proven flair for biasing a yes/no question)?

The question you want to ask is valid, but your phrasing, evaluation criteria, and rhetorical involvement are all ridiculous.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mods, please lock all these lame threads.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-26-2005, 01:17 AM

While we're talking about annoying threads, I wish most of these "LAG" hand threads would die. The idea of starting serious lag offense and defense discussion is an excellent one. However, it appears that many posters here either have never played with a true good lag and likely do not really know what one is. Starting threads about 2/4 at party called "My Lag Hand" where you semi bluff all in on the flop with a flush draw or 4 barrel bluff with no read and no hope aren't really that helpful to fostering good discussion.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:06 AM

If you don't like them don't read them.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:09 AM

Default Re: Mahatma vs. X: A one million dollar pot. Should these stay or go?

I confess that I enjoy reading them (much as I also enjoy televised poker), but I agree that they belong in their own forum.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:16 AM

Wow. I'm really surprised at how many people think this stuff belongs in MHNL.

I railbird these games all the time, both for my own entertainment and to try and pick up things to improve my game, but I dont think these types of posts belong in this forum at all. There are plenty of other forums (WPT, news, views, gossip, as others have said) where stuff like this is infinitely more appropriate. If people are soooo interested in these games, they can either watch the games themselves, or go to another forum and read about big hands there.

The one possible exception I can think of is the case of a hand that is notable from a strategic standpoint, rather than simply from a *holy [censored] that's a big pot* perspective . . .

I'm also noticing that most of the regular, well-respected posters who are weighing in on this are saying these posts don't belong. I'm not saying that I belong in said category, but I, for one, read this forum for strategic content; if I was interested in reading about Prahlad's latest exploits, I would happily click elsewhere. Perhaps I'm making an inaccurate assumption in saying so, but I would be surprised if many of those who are saying that these posts do belong in MHNL aren't lurkers, or at best, infrequent contributors to the forum.

I think they should go, AZK.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:17 AM

I voted yes. When a really crazy 25/50 or 50/100 game gets going, I love to hear about it and I love to see posts of big hands in these matchups. I am also very interested in knowing which players in these games are currently running very hot/cold. I am definitely in favor of people posting many of these hand histories, especially ones that feature interesting lines from these players. I do think that it would be better if these could be constrained to like one post per day "Official 50/100NL railbird thread of the day" or some such.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:19 AM

I didn't vote because neither option, as phrased, is close to my opinion. I don't think gossipy "look who's playing now" stuff is worthwhile. On the other hand, I read this forum to learn and a great deal of high-level poker discussion has happened in some of those threads. Instead of writing a biased-options poll, how bout treating threads on a case by case basis? I thought that's what moderaters did anyway.

To summarize, if there is instructive poker discussion on an interesting hand, leave it up, whether it was posted by a railbird or not.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't like them don't read them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that all it takes is people who do like this insipid crap bumping these threads, and good ones get buried in other pages. Also, it's just sad to have this stuff cluterring the pages and making it seem like 2+2 is full of drooling starstruck morons.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I voted yes. When a really crazy 25/50 or 50/100 game gets going, I love to hear about it and I love to see posts of big hands in these matchups. I am also very interested in knowing which players in these games are currently running very hot/cold. I am definitely in favor of people posting many of these hand histories, especially ones that feature interesting lines from these players. I do think that it would be better if these could be constrained to like one post per day "Official 50/100NL railbird thread of the day" or some such.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. I would never find out about the few games I bother to sweat otherwise. I don't have time every day to scout games I don't play. If I am not interested that day, I just don't read them.