Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 07:35 PM

Default I\'m completely lost...

I cannot decide if I played this totally right on every turn or totally wrong on every street.
Unsupported site, sorry for the format.

Reads over 60 minutes (78 hands)
Seat 1: Plays a lot of hands but has folded or raised every time it has been completed on 3rd.
Seat 2: Typical TAG
Seat 4: Just sat down. No read.

5/10
Seat 1: XX XX A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] calls__calls
Seat 2: XX XX Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] calls__calls
Seat 3: XX XX 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] completes__calls
Hero : 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] raises
Seat 4: XX XX J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] folds
Seat 7: XX XX 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] bring in__folds

I wanted to get seat 1 out with my raise. As I mentioned he had folded or raised EVERYTIME on 3rd. So when he called I became suspicious.

4th. ~9SB
Seat 1: XX XX A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] raises
Seat 2: XX XX Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] calls
Seat 3: XX XX 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] folds
Hero : (2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] DOUBLE BETS__calls

5th st.
Seat 1: XX XX A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] bet__bet__call
Seat 2: XX XX Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] calls__folds
Hero : (2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] CHECK__raise__raise

6th st.
Seat 1: XX XX A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] raises
Hero : (2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] BETS__calls

7th
Seat 1: XX XX A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (XX) raises__calls
Hero : (2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) BETS__raises

any and all comments NEEDED
Old 08-25-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: I\'m completely lost...

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 2: Typical TAG

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2005, 07:46 PM

Looks to me like he hit a diamond flush. and yours was bigger. I like your check raise on 5th but why if you thought he had the draw which i assume u did, didnt you reraise on 4th? I figure your still ahead with the two kings and he's on a draw, why not make him pay? Also then on sixth assuming the flush maybe a check was in order. this is a close hand, and u played it seemingly well, im just splitting hairs I think.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:53 PM

I question your reraise on third. Did you forget you still have nothing, except A high? You really want more people in and not go heads up as you try to turn your nothing into a something.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:59 PM

What’s the structure?

3rd:
Both raising and calling are okay, although I’d probably just call if this is a tight structure.

4th:
[ QUOTE ]
Seat 1: Plays a lot of hands but has folded or raised every time it has been completed on 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I’m not sure I get this. You mean, he limped with a lot of crap but than folded or raised once someone completed? Strange way to play.
In any case, he’s trying to tell you he’s rolled. So you should probably just fold right there.

5th:
Yuck. Why on earth would you won’t to check-raise here? He’s done everything he can to try to tell you he has trip kings, let alone kings, beaten. You’re just spewing chips.

6th:
Well, he’s rolled, but that’s nothing new.

7th:
I think I’d check-raise and call a 3-bet. I definitely wouldn’t 3-bet myself.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:01 PM

have to admit i didnt think about rolled Aces. but now that you said that its a strong possibiliyt. But still, it looked like a flush to me the first time i saww it.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:05 PM

Well, the OP didn’t tell us how well seat 1 was playing, but really, he would have to be pretty dumb to make that 4th street raise with a 4-flush. He is drawing, and an ace is probably not an out. He wants the other guys in. Diamonds are also pretty dead.
I can’t see a flush draw here.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:10 PM

on the end he only called thogh, saying either non improved trips or he did have the AQ flush right? plus ive seen lots of 2 4 players riase automatically on the small streets with 4 flushes.. any paired door cards etc. but youre probably right. Thats part of the weakness in my game, i always think what i could beat insteat of what i am beating or not.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:11 PM

i know this is 5 10... im not accustomed to that game. forgive me if my post is not relevant to this structure. i speak from 2 4 experience
Old 08-25-2005, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on the end he only called thogh,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I did see that, and it’s kind of confusing. But I didn’t want to base my analysis on that.