Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Argument over $15 (long)

initially when he asked i woulda proly asked if he was serious and maybe made a sarcastic comment. then i woulda paid. what limit do you play anyway?
Old 08-25-2005, 01:16 AM

shouldn't J pay the entire 45?
Old 08-25-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I pretty much agree with Gorie on everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another attempt to get the pants off the puzzle? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Pay the $15 be happy you are fit enough for a hard days work try to learn to enjoy it. I moved a chick friend twice in one winter. Froze her washing machine to the side of my face as I was carrying it to the truck. We still laugh about it. If you don't do jack you won't have jack to remember when your old. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2005, 10:00 AM

Give him the $15. Stab him repeatedly while screaming "This is from Manny. You cheap [censored]!" After he's dead, take back the money and urinate on his corpse.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:44 AM

You are an ass. Give him the $15.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:55 AM

I don't get it. It's "J"'s place and his and his girlfriend "C"'s stuff. "H" has minimal stuff there like you do. "H" for some reason pays for the U-Haul truck, instead of "J", but "J" gives him 1/3 of the cost and buys him a sandwich. He buys you a sandwich. In return, he gets 20 man hours free labor to move his and his girlfriend's stuff from both you and "H". It sounds to me like "J" should have completely paid for the truck and bought you guys drinks and dinner somewhere in addition to lunch. Give your friend "H" $15 bucks, so you get an equal screwing by "J".
Old 08-25-2005, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my guess is you have money from playing [censored]. He probably doesn't until he gets his financial aid or whatever. Pay him his money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw, I said we are all well off financially. H kills shorthanded 100nl. You guys seriously would pay the $15 after the 10 hours of mexican labor?

[/ QUOTE ]
If my friend said to me 'Yo, dude, can I have $15? I'm not going to pay it back or anything but I just want it.' I would say 'sure' and give him the money. So if he just did me a favor and wants me to split the U-Haul in which my stuff was transported, even if my stuff didn't necessitate the U-Haul, I would obviously just pay it. Basically any reasonable amount of money is worth it to avoid friction between friends. And don't worry, you will be getting way more than $15 worth of good will and peace of mind.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:01 PM

It sounds like a lot of you guys are completely monetizing every interaction you have with your friends. Helping a friend move is one of the hard, usually unpleasant favors you do for a friend, and while getting lunch or a few beers or whatever is nice, it shouldn't be expected. That's the [censored] definition of favor.

When I go out with friends, sometimes I buy drinks, sometimes they buy drinks, sometimes everyone buys their own. But nobody is keeping a running tab of how much they've spent on others versus how much others have spent on them. You know why?

Because we don't want to be friends with douchebags like that.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:03 PM

I don't understand why everyone is saying "Stop being so cheap, OP, pay the $15." It's about the principle, not the money. Multiply all these numbers by 100, and suddenly I doubt everyone would be yelling at OP to just pay the money.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:06 PM

I think this calls for a "walk off"!