Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 11:02 PM

Default $.05/$.10 NL Pokerstars... How to crack???

I try playing TAG, but get burned by these insane callers. I tried playing Doyle Brunson-ish, and get burned by the TAG's...

Which is the best way? Maybe it's my bad luck or something, but I'm getting burned big time.

Also, what's a good buy-in amount? the max? Do you play full-ring or short-handed ring?

This is a specific question with re: to the tables mentioned in the SUbject line. How do you make your money?

I've been able to MOP UP the $.01/$.02 NL playing TAG, but i'm having a lot of trouble. It's just the perfect and the precisely unpredictable mix of LAG's and TAG's that makes it hard to distinguish a table and classify it as LAG or TAG. I feel like i'm dodging bullets through an obstacle course, betting at the LAG's to increase my win equity and at the same time, fearing that the TAG's will re-raise me with their truly quality hands...

TO THE WINNERS... what is your general classification of a typical $.05/$.10 NL Pokerstars table? How do you play in the most successful way? What is your general strategy to reduce swings??

THank you so much, i seriously am in despair...
Old 08-24-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: $.05/$.10 NL Pokerstars... How to crack???

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like i'm dodging bullets through an obstacle course, betting at the LAG's to increase my win equity and at the same time, fearing that the TAG's will re-raise me with their truly quality hands...

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think you should be categorizing every player as either LAG or TAG at that level. There are way more passive players than aggressive players at $.05/.10. If you're always playing at the tables with more than a couple of TAGs, you should work on your table selection. In the end, it's probably just a bad run of cards. If you can kill $.01/.02, you can kill $.05/.10.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:54 PM

i play low stakes NL as well (0.10-0.25 and 0.25-0.50) regularly and am pretty successful at it... though there are still holes in my game...

my best advice to you is... look at how the people on the table are playing... i.e. players who know what they are doing (making continuation bets, check-raising and value betting) are ones to note and be wary of... try to avoid playing against these players unless you have a solid read on them or have the goods...

most other people will bet their hands according to value... be wary of mini-raises especially from timid players and my numer one rule is... if you think your hand is beat, it probably is.. go with your gut and don't pay people off...

gl
Old 08-25-2005, 02:23 AM

the 5cent/10cent game is sooooo tough.

i've heard the 5/10 is much easier
Old 08-25-2005, 02:38 AM

Default you\'re playing too loose. tighten up.

df
Old 08-25-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: you\'re playing too loose. tighten up.

what's df? *Edit.. oh the subject line...
Old 08-25-2005, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the 5cent/10cent game is sooooo tough.

i've heard the 5/10 is much easier

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you seriuos?