Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 06:00 AM

Default Re: Gigabet\'s HH and our SnG Strategy

[ QUOTE ]
Would you stop playing if you won the lottery tomorrow?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. I probably would play a few times a year maybe and then it would be like $50 buy-ins or something. Nothing compared to your stakes.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:04 AM

How come no one knows where you got your money ? Did you come up through the limits or did you sit yourself down on a 100/200 NL game and just start from there ? Maybe you are that guy that went to Atlantic city with $10,000 and turned it into $1 million. Maybe that is you.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How come no one knows where you got your money ? Did you come up through the limits or did you sit yourself down on a 100/200 NL game and just start from there ? Maybe you are that guy that went to Atlantic city with $10,000 and turned it into $1 million. Maybe that is you.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know that no one knows where I got my money, and why is that important? To ease your curiousity I will tell you thatI came up through the limits.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know that no one knows where I got my money, and why is that important? To ease your curiousity I will tell you thatI came up through the limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gig,
I like the story that goes around that you are a spoiled rich brat that gets a huge allowance to play with better than you worked your way up. Stick to that one. It's probably even +EV. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Later,
Rick
Old 05-17-2005, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that ring games, SnGs, or both?
Old 05-17-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whenever my stack is equal to or greater than the avg , I will always try and get into situations where I can pick up alot of chips for a cheap investment. Because I am not losing any "double up value" my extra chips are basically worthless sitting in my stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seemed to get passed over by everyone. I think we are all trying to find out how Gigabet's HH can help us in our games. I think the statement above is definitely something that we can use, no matter the level.

Of course, maybe all you guys had thought of it anyway???

Personally, I play (probably too) tight early on unless I have a double buy in stack (or more). Only at this time will I loosen up.

In any event, this whole thread is friggin aweome. Well done everyone.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:24 PM

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

were you just raising here because of position, or did you really put him on a weak hand? he did min raise which seemed like weakness, but what was your thought process here? (Qc4c)

I thought that this was going to be the last time that I would get a chance to play back at this guy without committing my whole stack to do it. To be honest, I didn't care how strong this guys hand was, I know that he had stepped up from a very low level, and would fold nearly every hand at this stage of the tourney. If he plays back at me, I can be almost 100% that he has AA or KK. Because I have the button, this is a very high percentage play. I was more worried about the two behind me who haven't acted than UTG.

How can you possibly be worried about the SB+BB here more than the UTG player. That really doesn't make any sense.

The reason it doesnt matter what the sb or bb have is because if they know that gigabet will raise with any 2 because gigabet knows that the EP raise will only call w/ AA or KK, they will move in because they know gigabet cant call if infact he did raise w/ two rags, and the EP raiser wont call w/o AA or KK here....or somethin like that. but the question is will they put it all on the line? because if the EP raiser has AA or KK, or gigabet did come up with a hand this time, theyre dead.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: WHY RERAISE WITH Q4c HERE

That's the first one that really caught my eye. The min-raise UTG seems like a $6 SnG move...but then Evenkeal is betting 1/4 of his stack that UTG is full of crap.

Would love to hear a thought on this one.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:35 PM

***** Hand History for Game 2015318188 *****
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 4: dj_dedrick ( $2925 )
Seat 7: Evenkeal ( $2470 )
Seat 9: scoots_mc ( $1515 )
Seat 10: XLhomestead ( $3090 )
Trny:12010061 Level:7
Blinds(200/400)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Evenkeal [ Ks 6d ]
Evenkeal is all-In [2470]
scoots_mc folds.
XLhomestead folds.
dj_dedrick will be using his time bank for this hand.
dj_dedrick folds.
Evenkeal does not show cards.
Evenkeal wins 3070 chips

<font color="red">-- Would you have played this differently if it's 5-handed or 3-handed? </font>
Old 08-24-2005, 05:36 PM

I guess he might have played this differently if it was a sit n go, and that this move is based on the price pool particular distribution.