Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: witteles

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you'll see more of him....he won a bracelet a few days after his 4th place showing in the Limit event.

todd

I had to interview him...total geek.

but, apparently a pretty decent poker player. todd

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares if hes a decent poker player. He sucks at life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Posts like these, and others in this thread and the first one, are really, really pathetic. Why so much hate out there?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you are being interviewed on ESPN and you say I can't wait to run home and check the internet to see what people are writing about me that is just asking for it and he's getting his wish, people are writing about him but nothing he's going to want to read.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:01 PM

I read it, and to me, it doesn't really change my opinion

I'm not out to condemn the guy, but his lack of social graces came through during the broadcast and it's not ESPN's fault.

[ QUOTE ]
) Obviously Norman Chad was extra nasty in his comments about me throughout the broadcast. I somewhat expected this to a degree, since I was the only one at the table doing any "acting up". (Something they don't bother to mention is that ESPN actually ASKS you to be outrageous and talk a lot.) I certainly didn't expect the announcer trash-talk to this degree, and I feel that they were just downright disrespectful to nearly everyone at the table -- though I got the brunt of most of it. More on this later.

[/ QUOTE ]

ESPN does not request or encourage "outrageous" behavior for the broadcasts; they tell the players to liven it up, and not be bashful. Most players don't anyway, and then there's Todd--who's idea of good TV apparently involved acting in the most impolite/smarmy manner possible.

Again, I chalk it up to a lack of social graces, so I'm willing to give him a walk this time. But as far as I'm concerned he made his bed on that tv table and now it's time to lie in it.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:24 PM

I have known Todd through the internet for almost a year, and he is a super nice guy. He also is a winning high limit player who also won another event at the series, not some chump. Cant a guy have a little fun at the table? Let me guess, the people that are ripping Druff are the same ones that think Norman Chad is cool.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:45 PM

I think ESPN probably edited the show to make Todd look like a schmuck, but that stuff about wanting to run back home and check out what geeks were saying on the net about him was pretty dorkified.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cant a guy have a little fun at the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, one is supposed to have fun at the poker table, but that shouldn't come at the expense of basic courtesy and decorum and/or involve twirling of cloth of any kind. I don't care if Druff's a nice guy and a winning player, he behaved poorly. If you don't see why, then you should probably avoid trying to "have fun" next time you're at a tv table.
Closed Thread