Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Am I a fool? 50NL full ring

[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you push on the turn? Why didn't you bet more on the river?

I call here.

Edit: I'm probably raising that weak-ass flop bet to pot size as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way UTG played this looks an awful lot like some people play the nuts. I've seen that min flop bet looking for a raise to re-raise thing quite a big, and its generally a huge hand. That or he has a set of Tens. His checking the river is quite bizarre to me, though. Im sure you would have called any largish bet.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:16 AM

I've seen that min flop bet from drawing hands or bottom pairs MUCH more often than I see it from the nuts/trips.

The turn raise looks like the 9 hit him in some way, this could just as easily be 99, T9, J9, A9 or something like that.

The river checkraise seems fishy, but this could simply be a strange way of playing two pair/trips.

You're only scared of one hand here... call.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:06 PM

I think he almost certainly has KQ here, and he's toying with you on every street. He min-bets the flop hoping to reraise big, doesn't get it, decides to bet the turn and realizes it's time to represent some strength, but then finds out that you've got a hand, so he checks the river hoping to induce a river bluff, and finally pushes it all in on an overbet. He played every street cutesy and then threw all of his chips in at the end, which, at these stakes, usually means the nuts or a huge hand. I'd fold.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:27 PM

Oh, man, how do you fold this hand? There is no way in the world I put him on KQ the way this hand played. I guess I am an ATM, because I call this river push.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:29 PM

if the person has kq i think he would have bet more than the minimum realizing someone probably has a flush draw, this is 50 nl so i dont think the villian is playing the hand as elaborate as salva describes. with a straight and flush draw on the turn i think u need to reraise here since you are probably going to pay him off on the river anyway if he has k q. atleast by reraising the turn and perhaps ending up getting it all in you still have some outs if he shows k q
Old 08-24-2005, 04:20 PM

Yes you are a damn fool. Raise more on the turn, but if you don't do that re-raise his damn minraise, and if you don't do that, bet more on the river, and if you don't do that, call the push on the river. But really, you'd like to get all-in on the turn because even if you're beat, you've got outs against everything but KcQc. But you are almost certainly NOT beat.