Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 03:21 AM

Default Re: Ann Coulter on Cindy Sheehan

[ QUOTE ]
Does it strike anyone as funny that since she started this "crusade" she has had her family all but denounce her and her husband file for divorce?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely hillarious. The death of a child is often a catalyst to divorce.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How can it be the truth when some of the criticism comes from non-leftwing advocates like me?

[/ QUOTE ]
You're including yourself amongst the circle jerkers. That is not my fault. I didn't say you were a part of them, just that I knew this thread would turn into a flame-Ann Coulter thread, as opposed to my intention to discuss how the press is beginning to turn on Sheehan, as noted by articles I posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it's inconceivable that some people read the article, found it to be misleading and despicable, and stated same.

I did think the absolute line was funny, and I think Maureen Dowd's column on Sheehan sucked. Dowd is better when she's writing whimsical, satirical prose and comparing people to pop culture figures than writing about moral authority.

[ QUOTE ]
You're including yourself amongst the circle jerkers. That is not my fault. I didn't say you were a part of them, just that I knew this thread would turn into a flame-Ann Coulter thread, as opposed to my intention to discuss how the press is beginning to turn on Sheehan, as noted by articles I posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, the old, "I knew you would all respond predictably, haha. I posted this for a totally different reason because I'm an internet secret double special agent. It's not my fault you all disagree with me out of an irrational hatred for Ann Coulter."

I hope you fall in love with a gay Arab.

PeeWee
Old 08-24-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Kidluckee pwned by Ann Coulter

[ QUOTE ]
Now I think it's practically a given that Sheehan is using highly emotional language and is trying to incite others to action through her statements and actions. Thus the term 'agitprop' fits quite nicely. I believe the Stalinist reference was thrown in for its emotional association with a hated communist dictator with great name recognition, not because of any connection between the ideologies of Sheehan and Stalin.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

If you want to claim Sheehan is using agitprop (which I think is legit) you have to admit that Coulter is, too. Coulter is great at doing whatever she accuses people of twice over.

PeeWee
Old 08-24-2005, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Kidluckee pwned by Ann Coulter

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to claim Sheehan is using agitprop (which I think is legit) you have to admit that Coulter is, too.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll admit it any day of the week. Another of the many reasons I don't like Coulter/Hannity/Limbaugh. I just won't let people get away with calling something different than what it is.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:26 AM

Once again Ann Coulter is right on the money. Sheehan along with the rest of the liberals are the kids who got beat up by the bully on the play ground and went crying to the teacher. Bush and the rest of the military are the kids who stood up to the bully and were never picked on again. The only problem I have with the war is we are not playing enough hardball. We should have dropped a small tactical nuke on Fallujah when we had it surrounded and saved 90 Marines lives. This would have sent the proper message to the rest of the world. I have no problem with making sheets of glass out of the cess pool called the Middle East.

Gulf War Vet (USAF 89-93)
Old 08-24-2005, 04:36 AM

Uh oh...
Old 08-24-2005, 05:31 AM

Yeah Bush showed that bully Osama Bin Ladin who is boss he is locked up in prison or dead. Oh wait....
Old 08-24-2005, 05:38 AM

Clinton really stood up to Bin Ladin when he was blowing up US embassys and a USN warship (3 acts of war). Oh wait, he was too busy with Monica's bra strap to stand up and be a man. Maybe Bush wouldn't have to clean up after Clinton and chase BL around the most remote region on Earth if Clinton had remotely acted like the Commander in Chief.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's so typical that she ends her intro paragraph with "Someone needs to teach these liberals how to mourn."

I can't wait until she really hits the wall (looks-wise): her career will be over. I give it 5 years maximum.

-ptmusic

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying she is good looking or good looking for a man?
Old 08-24-2005, 01:28 PM

I guarantee Clinton spent less time getting blowjobs and massages from Monica than George W. Bush has spent trimming the brush and riding his bike at his Crawford Ranch while on his 5 week vacation.