Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: One of my favorite moves...

Sigh... OK- first of all, I have done it recently. The only problem? I've played like 150 SNGS in the past three days. Then, I have to find the specific spot where I pushed twice on the bubble. It's a lot of work to do, and frankly, I'm not willing to go back and do it.
[ QUOTE ]
OP owes it not only to me, but to every poster that takes in the hogwash - EV moves and trusts him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't owe you [censored]. I explained a concept that I have, and when and how I use it. It's your job to evaluate it, and then use or not use it. I don't have to hold your hand and walk you through how to do everything.

[ QUOTE ]
The only balls that have retracted are OP's. I challenged him. I asked him to show me in order that I might learn. He is only willing to brag about how awesome his moves are and how high level thinking he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha... ok, i've stopped laughing. I told you before that the next time such a situation came up, that I'd post it. But I'm not going to waste my time going through HHs for an hour. Sorry, its just not gonna happen.

I realize that its not personal, and I'm glad that you have been critical- that's what these things need. Right now though, the logic is what need's criticizing. THat's what I want to see: tell me how I'm wrong if those conditions are met.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:49 PM

I'm always open to listen to someone who thinks outside the box. But in this case, my experience has been that the opposite of what you wrote is true.

I have posted a couple ideas on this forum that the majority of posters have disagreed with, but these ideas have worked well for me. I suspect that when you have made this play, your read of the table played a role as well. I'm sure it's not so simple as, "I've pushed twice, now I'll push junk because my opponents will give me credit for a strong hand."

I can't find the HH, but I recently had a spot come up that I wasn't happy with but I had no choice but to push. I was shortstacked and picked up two very strong hands in a row, which I pushed. The third hand, I picked up KQo UTG. Pushing was still the right play because of my stack size / blinds / number of players, but I knew that my FE had been severely compromised. Anyway, the guy to my left (who by this point had an equal stack with me) called with 44.

No way does he make that call if I hadn't pushed two hands in a row. Again, I had to do it, but it was too bad that it was the third hand in a row that I pushed.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
THat's what I want to see: tell me how I'm wrong if those conditions are met.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think people are arguing that your move is wrong if you assume you're up against players who will use your logic. Obviously it isn't, almost by definition, though it does neglect even higher-order thinking that should mean that people should call you more (and then beyond that they should call you less, etc.) The problem that people have is assuming that you're going to be up against a table populated mostly by players who think in this fashion anywhere near often enough to make this something that you should do more than once in a blue moon.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:00 PM

posters come and go that have all kinds of FPS leaking out of them.

I am protective of this board as are others.

I shouldn't have turned any of my anger towards you that derived from MYST protecting you.

We have been trolled.

My intentions are pure. I am in an extremly bad mood. You just happened to get in my path.

I stand by the thinking that your move is not nearly as good as you think it is. I am sorry that it got personal at all, but I am not sorry that I dissagree.

[ QUOTE ]
THat's what I want to see: tell me how I'm wrong if those conditions are met.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is your conditions. You aren't psycic. Your move does nothing more then make players think about their hands differently. Some will tighten up, some will loosen up, some won't pay attention at all. Your read can NEVER be good enough.

A player good enough to be thinking hard about your push standards is going to have a very very tight calling range already. For a lot of us that means mucking AK. Your margin for error is too small to have this read be worth anything at all.

The real bottom line is... Most people wont think the way you do. Most people will loosen up rather then tighten up. The only exception is if every single person behind you has played with you enough to know you wouldnt do something like this. Such a situation will almost never happen at the 55s, and rarely happen at the 215s. This post itself makes your move lose value.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:09 PM

The reason I posted this hand in the first place was because lately I've been shorthanded a lot with other 2+2'ers who I respect and expect to think this way. This is definitely not something to use that often, but I have found several situations where I have been on either the pushing or folding side of this. I promise to post the next hand where it comes up. It may turn out that I'm dead wrong and that I've been lucky so far. We'll see...
Old 08-23-2005, 07:27 PM

sktkejykeyjdatel is to sterkkcwwllelost as siamese is to:

A) Dog
B) Cat
C) Moeron
D) SAT
Old 08-23-2005, 07:29 PM

Stop being intentionally confusing.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Your opponents arent as smart as you. Instead they will think "he pushed last hand, Im going to get him this time".

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if anyone else does this, but...

A lot of times on the bubble, or even 5-handed, the next hand after I make a standard blind-stealing all-in, I oftentimes push with less than blind-stealing quality hands. I do this because I think that people probably saw the first push as a steal; when I push again, I think people give me credit for a very solid hand, since it seems a little too blatant a move for it to be a regular steal.

I hope I got the right message across there, I know I didn't articulate that too well. Anyways, thoughts? Anyone else do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're such a shapkazakidatel', curtains [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]