Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 05:37 PM

Default KK against fish fold the turn?

Hello all,

villian is a fish.
Do i have to consider to fold the turn against his river raise?
His turn aggro number is round about 0,4 after 37 hands.
What you guys think?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Tx
Old 08-23-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: KK against fish fold the turn?

Never trust a 37 hand read enough to fold KK here, IMO. For all you know, Villain could hold T7o or worse - "Fish" bluff too, and especially on paired boards HU.

Also, sometimes those guys with the .4 AF turn into Gamblers and LAGs over a larger sample.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:53 PM

I wouldn't fold. 37 hands isn't really all that many. Based on the (limited) information you have, an intentional turn semibluff raise doesn't seem especially likely (though some big draws are available, and I'm certainly not ruling out a semibluff raise).

Anyway, though, Button could just have a ten. Or maybe he thinks his 88 (or worse pair pair) is best. Maybe he has something like 87 or A7. And while I'm not claiming Button is good at evaluating the strength of his hand, I will say that if Button has tens up or nines up on the turn, it would be reasonable for him to think he's ahead.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:54 PM

I dunno, from most of my experience, someone who's flopped trips or better generally waits for the turn to raise, because he wants to get you to pay the extra bets on the expensive street. He could also have J8, also. I agree that you don't have enough info on him, tho, to lay it down right away. I might call down here and make a note of what he turns over.