Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: I didn\'t mean bots !

The only real way this could work would be for the program to do on-the-fly odds calculations and advise what to do based on the mathematics. There's nothing else a software program would be able to calculate with any accuracy.

There are a few of us that can actually do this in our heads -- without a calculator, even.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: I didn\'t mean bots !

I actually cheated at chess online a few times. I suck at chess but I set up my PDA so that I could enter moves and easily beat some very high ranking online chess players. So I could see how a very well designed computer program could at least suggest +EV desicions when u have a mathematically complex situation especially at limit poker. If I had such a program I would use it in select situations where its tough to get the math right while 4 tabling. Now, such a program would not improve a good TAGs game by much but it could make a donk in to a TAG. I would always vary my game depending on the surcumstances but I can see a very well designed program like this to be helpfull to most players and -EV to all.