Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2003, 05:44 PM

Default Partypoker support EXISTS!

It only took 5 days, 15 hours, and 15 minutes (for those couting, that is 5 days 14 hours and 58 minutes longer than Stars), but I got an answer.

Dear Glenn,

We have investigated the time out of xxxxxx in game # xxxxxxxx

We agree that timing out all-in under these circumstances appears suspicious. We take this matter very seriously and have not only warned the player in question, but have also removed his all in facility. Due to this the player would not be able to go all in at all.

We internally monitor players' actions with respect to collusion and all-in abuses. We also review and collect complaints filed by other players, such as yourself, regarding "suspicious" activities committed by some players. We keep all suspicious activities logged in a notes section on their account. A player that suffers a repeat occurrence faces being permanently banned from the games, as the integrity of our games is of paramount importance to us.

We have looked into xxxxxx records and collected 10 recent hands in which he had been disconnected, and we do see a pattern that makes a case for an intentional abuse of the feature and hence removed his all - in facility.

We thank you for the report; we appreciate it, as keeping the games honest is our highest priority. If you need any clarifications, have any questions or concerns; please feel free to contact us. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Investigations Team
www.PartyPoker .com
Old 08-19-2003, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Partypoker support EXISTS!

That is a good response and worth the wait i think.

But, now what we need is for party to give the players account information such as real name and address as well as IP address and have them share it with all of the other sites, so this scumbag cant simply change sites and play till he gets caught again.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:20 PM

I'd even take it a step farther....Party should seize his entire bankroll, and give it to the guy's victims.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:42 PM

I'm against all-in abuse, but I'm more against a poker site that take someone's BR and gives it to other players. If someone is a clear all-in abuser then refunding the last pot he won by this method to his victim is OK with me.

MS Sunshine
Old 08-20-2003, 02:54 AM

Wow, I'm glad to see that Party does watch out for collusion, etc. After reading this post I think I will be more likely to report suspicious all-ins. I see them all the time.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:03 AM

I've send a similiar mail to empire. And they replied: in short: what's wrong with this hand history? They guy disconnected, because he didn't wanted to call my all in bet. Which was too big for him. We both had more then $100 on the $25 table. He ran away like a chicken. I mailed support and they didn't do sh*t.
If I catch the same guy do this again I'll cash out. Because empire isn't doing anything to prevent this.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:48 PM

Same thing happened to me at a $50 sit and go limit tournament at Intertops. I went absolutely ballisic. It was an extremely clear case, the player would have been eliminated by my kk but he survived and went on to take third to my fourth. He didn't even try to disguise his action. I am still steaming. I emailed customer support and I feel like he stole my money and I should be entitled to some of it back (at least the buy in). I am still po'd and sorry for the rant.