Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Re: i knew it, just a matter of time

[ QUOTE ]

see this is what happens when you have Gigabet coining a "dilemma" named after him which justifies him pushing with Q 3o preflop in a multi-way pot because he sees chips and stacks in "blocks" and he plays in $1065 buy-in SNGs--- to say the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't coin the phrase.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if the play is dumb at $11, it's dumb at $1065.

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr, all wrong. Are you telling me that an average $11 player and an average $1065 player will have the same thought process? I think not, which is why you are able to take advantage of different situations at different levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

but we're not talking about having the same thought process; we're talking about making dumb plays. go and pull the archives on Gigabet's hand and take a look at it. it's no amount of reasoning that's gonna make me see that hand he played as a stroke of genuis. the later effects of the hand may have had some merits to it but it's the [here-and-now] of that hand [the result of him winning it] that made his explaination to play it seem worthwhile. the proof is in the pudding. he's gonna get more credit for the play because of the level he plays. i play $5.50s and $11s. i guarantee if i explained it the same way he did, i would've got flamed for it.

having a more advanced thought process and being able to explain your reasoning more effectively and eloquently does'nt make up for the matter that it's a horrible play that worked out in your favor. take that play, change the result, and have him not cash in the SNG. i doubt very seriously that he would have tried to even post a thread justifying playing the hand at all. the fact that he won the hand it's what caused it to even see the light of day on these forums.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
go and pull the archives on Gigabet's hand and take a look at it

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm lazy...link?
Old 08-22-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

see this is what happens when you have Gigabet coining a "dilemma" named after him which justifies him pushing with Q 3o preflop in a multi-way pot because he sees chips and stacks in "blocks" and he plays in $1065 buy-in SNGs--- to say the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't coin the phrase.

[/ QUOTE ]

the first time i ever saw the "Gigabet Dilemma" was when you started the thread about your Q 3o hand with it in the title.
even if you did'nt coin it, there's no such thing. people play hands like this the way you did all the time and get lucky. there's nothing "Gigabetish" or "Dilemma" about it. trash is trash. if you win with it, lucky for you, but to put your name in it as if, [Eureka!] , it's the next thing since E=MC [squared] is crazy.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Gigabet\'s inspiration is not making me any friends (low content)

I think your allin is getting called way too often for this to be +EV. Sometimes I go allin every hand of a $5+$1. About 1/3 of the time I get called on the first hand.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I go allin every hand of a $5+$1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds exciting, and extremely -EV. Wanna invite me the next time you feel like donating.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I go allin every hand of a $5+$1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds exciting, and extremely -EV. Wanna invite me the next time you feel like donating.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you didnt notice the guys avitar, it was full of Texas University things.
Hence the not to brilliant pushing...

Oh and btw, saw em' off, gig em', WHOOP! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your allin is getting called way too often for this to be +EV. Sometimes I go allin every hand of a $5+$1. About 1/3 of the time I get called on the first hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
haha you blow off steam from bad beats the same way I do. Maybe I will see you on one one day and we can donk away at each other :>
Old 08-23-2005, 12:39 AM

who cares if anyone likes you. i turn off my chat.. but i must admit I always turn it back on after I pwn somoene really hard with a river just for a second to see what stupid [censored] they said. rofl
Old 08-23-2005, 09:34 AM

maybe you guys are the ones that's been killing me on the river with 3 outers on the flop all-in when a clearly sane individual knows they're beat. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]