Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Re: bad like good

I typically don't like doing this preflop out of position and without a read on villain's preflop range. since you can't fully remove QJ from his range, then I think you should reraise preflop. Also, reraising with AA here gives me some cover for the times that I might be reraising here with AK.

I think I would have checkraised the flop as its multiway and there is a flush draw. Also, I have to imagine that I have the best hand here pretty often.

Of course the other suggested line of check call flop, check call turn, blocker on the river works ok if you don't want to play it too aggressively and attempt some sort of pot control.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think u have to protect the equity u have with the aces early on by raising and hopefully pushing especialy versus LAGs since they tend to suck out with shity hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

TEND to suck out with shitty hands? As in, more than other guys? Is suckout power something you acquire when you sign the deal with Satan for your LAGiness? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2005, 10:19 AM

bump...everybody likes it?
Old 08-22-2005, 11:02 AM

re-raise preflop. that is the only think i hate here. you might get a push from the pre-flop raiser, but you probably eliminate the second caller. my goal is to get all in pre-flo if i can with aces or kings. i will generally push any flop with that hand. period. too many donks on ANY level i have seen to play any differently.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bump...everybody likes it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like it at all, if you're going to just call pf with Aces, raise that flop ... it looks like Villain has something like QJ, maybe a set.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:26 AM

personally, I think this line sucks.

I would reraise with these big out of position preflop. Since you took this line, I think you should have just check called every single street.....you took a passive line, then went away from your passive line by leading the turn.....at least develop a plan and stick to it.

the right way to play this is to raise big preflop. given that you didn't do that, the right play would be to check call every street...but you didn't do that either. this might be a great hand history for how not to play AA.