Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: OESFD, continue the semibluff OOP?

3 betting the flop is dangerous, and the button isn't folding on the turn, so to answer your question i would check/call this turn fold the river if you don't hit. If there were more players I would 3-bet considering if you make your hand you do have alot of poeple to pay you off, you have an awesome draw here. The way you played it though with so few players is terrible. With fewer players you might just want to check/call the whole way unless of course you make your hand. If it is just a flusher a c/r is fine with a A or K high flush with a lot of players, with few though, c/r is ok with a lower one like JTs(remember you want to be able to have position to do this, you do not want to blow the pot because of your c/r on it). Having a lot of players, someone else could hold that A or K, don't get too aggressive if you make your flush with just J high or even Q high.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:03 PM

The way the buttong raised the flop isn't fun and I do not think he is folding to a bet on the turn.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:05 PM

I honestly think the button will goto a showdown, unless the flush card hits, never know need a read on him.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:09 PM

I think so too. But my suggestion stands as is.

Also, I think the flop play is absolutely fine. Generally...you're reading WAY too much into one flop raise. A very very wide range of hands may raise this flop. And you seem to be forgetting that there is more than one reason why aggressive play is winning play.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand is definitely worth three-betting heads-up. Three-way it is an absolute monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2005, 09:12 AM

This may be basic, but I think the main benefit of betting the turn is that you might actually win unimproved with a river bet if your rivercard doesnt come and you are alone against another A or K high draw.
If you dont bet the turn, the button is likely to bet and and you will often get to the river for the same price, but with very little chance of winning unimproved.
I would consider this play with one of the draws, but with the combined draws there is no way I check this turn.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:17 AM

With this big draw I would lead the turn. I think preflop and the 3bet on the flop are fine also.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly think the button will goto a showdown, unless the flush card hits, never know need a read on him.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not even sure button will see the river. Hero is in hijack and gets raised by button. This makes me put him on a wide range of hands, many of them will fold the turn UI. The fact that mp3 cc the flop makes me put him on a draw, probably seeing the river, but often folding the river for 1BB. So I don't think we'll win the pot often by semi-bluffing the turn, but if button folds we might very well win by bluffing the river. Besides our draw is very strong and we won't lose much by betting the turn and getting called.