Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 09:21 PM

Default AHHHHHHHHH!! (low content)

Okay, have been reading here for a couple months. I think the forum had really improved my game. I made a deposit of $400 recently at Psars, deciding to play .50/1 holdem anywhere from 2-4 tables at a time. I played for like a week and worked it up to 650 or so. I decided to take a shot at 1/2, mixing it in with my multi-tabling at .50/1. I hit a terrible run starting with bad beats and an endless streak of tilt. I'm down to $204 and I know it is a bad idea but should i stick with .50/1. I don't think I have it in me to move all the way down to .25/.50. I dont think I could stay focused there. Should I mix .25/.50 in with .50/1. Or just deposit more and start from scratch. I know this could be posted in the ML forum, but I like the way a lot of the posters here are really sharp poker minds, and for the most part good people. This may sound like one long Bad beat post but that is not why I am posting this. I need help from people who have been down this road. btw. i don't have poker tracker as I dont have a credit card at the moment. Is this a vital part of helping my poker game?
Old 08-21-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: AHHHHHHHHH!! (low content)

[ QUOTE ]
for the most part good people.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the words of my favorite 2+2er, "bite me."
Old 08-21-2005, 09:29 PM

Sounds like you ran hot then cold. If you don't want to drop clear to .25/.5 to reexamine your game, continue depositing enough to maintain a 300BB roll at 1/2 and let us know what table you'll be on. Some of the best players on this forum (and me) have dropped to micros at one time or another to start over, you're any different?
Old 08-21-2005, 10:01 PM

take your money out of pokerstars and put it into party poker. the difference in the two games is shocking
Old 08-21-2005, 10:06 PM

as i said i don't have a credit card right now, so i couldnt deposit there now. Is there another way. Any sites where people buy and sell for like a 5$ fee or something?
Anyone want any pstars money!! lol
Old 08-21-2005, 10:06 PM

Three things for your consideration.

1) Play within your comfort zone. If your BR cannot be easily replenished, move down. If you have problems with the swings, move down. I currently have over 1,000 BB for my current level because , with multi-tabling, that is where I am comfortable.

2) Check out the micro-limit discussion board. The posts over there will help you with navigating the limits of your level.

3) open a NETeller account. Not only can you use this to buy Poker Tracker (which has paid for itself in many dividends), but will allow you to move money accross multiple sites and pickup on different site bonuses, which are crucial for helping you BR grow.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:09 PM

1. Don't have any fear of spending time at low limits. People come at limit hold'em from a variety of directions; coming out of micros is a great place to start.

2. Think about what your "bankroll" really is. Is it just the $400 you invested to start. Do you have significant outside income that means that you could invest another $200 in your bankroll, or are you really in a 400-and-done kind of situation? If you feel comfortable at .5/1, and have extra to invest, perhaps you could be a bit daring and reload.

3. Get Pokertracker. It absolutely is something that you will need to suceed at higher levels.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:13 PM

Neteller. No fee. Takes a bit to set up but worthwhile. Invaluable if you're taking advantage of bonuses at various sites.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:16 PM

is there a fee for transfering sites on netteller? If not I could i deposit my 204 into someones PStars account and they could transfer it to party
Old 08-21-2005, 10:18 PM

Nope, just a bank account.