Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 01:06 PM

Default New To MTT. Best site to start?

I am interested in paying more MTT. I have played a few with some moderate sucess. I finished 35 in the Bodog $100,000 about a month ago on a freeroll they gave me for opening an account, and i finished 2 out of the money last monday in a 20+2 on UB when villan caught a three outer on the turn to take down a pot that would have put me in second place. From what I hear Poker Stars has the best MTT software, and Bodog has one of the best bonus systems. What site offers the best combo of good software, good bonuses, and frequency of smaller buy in tourneys like the 20+2's
Old 08-21-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: New To MTT. Best site to start?

best site to start i think would be pokerstars, based on quantity alone. They have lots and lots, and a lot of cheap $1/2/3/5/10 tournamnets.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:40 PM

Pokerstars is definitley the place to start. They dont really have any bonuses but they have plenty of tournaments and their tournament setup is the best of all the sites in my opinion.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:53 PM

I've never used Stars - what's so great about the tournies?

I've been playing mostly on FullTilt since they offer small tournies that draw only about 150-300 players, which I prefer to the 800+ players on Party.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:27 PM

Well if you dont like tons of people, Pokerstars wouldnt be the place to start. But they have lots of tournaments, all day.

Absolute Poker actually have decent MTT's... and raelly weak competition. Not nearly as big as stars.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:19 PM

I don't have a problem with the number of entrants being large or small. My inexperianced view would be that smaller tourneys have less dead money, but may be easier to win, whereas a larger tourney would have plenty of dead money but be much more difficult to win. Maybe some one with more experience could chime in on that. Would Poker Stars still be your first choice if you were only looking to play 20+2 at the begining. As a sucessful cash game player,the $1-$10 tourneys just don't seem like they pay you enough for your time.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:09 PM

Pokerstars has many $22 tournaments and they usually get around 700-900 entrants. They are not that tough, and the blind structure on stars is pretty nice.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:10 PM

Pokerstars is great for the 5's, 10's, and 20's.. and tehy do pay enough for your time, well maybe not the 5's as much.. but the 10's and 20's have 4k first places, lots of dead money.