Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 12:58 AM

Default Re: $15/30 at the bellagio

how can you justify calling the flop? i suppose you think your equity of bluffing the river after it goes blank blank and they both check the turn is so high that it offsets you giving them your money by calling this flop? if you really want to turn a profit by playing this postflop with this board then your plan has to involve more than just check-calling, bet the river.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:26 AM

Soild regular raises UTG? Fold preflop, fold the flop. I do however like your river bet since you made it that far.

Mike Emery
Old 08-21-2005, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how can you justify calling the flop? i suppose you think your equity of bluffing the river after it goes blank blank and they both check the turn is so high that it offsets you giving them your money by calling this flop? if you really want to turn a profit by playing this postflop with this board then your plan has to involve more than just check-calling, bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im getting 8-1 on the flop closing the action. I have a few good back door straight draws and two overcards which are probably live. I don't understand why you think this is so horrible.

Also, Mike, preflop I think is pretty easy. I have a good drawing hand with the OG raiser on my left. You would call JTo, right? I think HEPFAP even talks about calling 98o...But like Igorham said, it's close and isn't really relevant