Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2003, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Should I be afraid of Neteller?

Appropriately cautious is a better way to put it. I wondered the same things originally. I am now comfortable with the idea that I have money floating around out in cyberspace and I've never heard of a problem with Neteller.

I now use Neteller exclusively and have no problem with it intellectually or in actual practice. I think that if they were not careful about how they conduct their business an opportunity would open up for a company providing a similar service to do very well at their expense. As an example, Firepay has gotten some bad word of mouth on 2+2 and now I think (not sure, but I think) most of us use other services besides Firepay. I won't use them, although I do have an account.

Don't worry but keep good records and make sure you follow all instructions and that you are aware of all their policies and procedures. Don't assume anything and you won't be surprised.

Rockfish
Old 08-09-2003, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Truepoker accepts Neteller, as a preferred payment system

[ QUOTE ]

(I would love to know why more players do NOT use it. Any comments, other than the initial sign-up process ?

David Gzesh
Truepoker CEO

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you asked, many Americans remember how the slimey Canadian government ignored our request for help in overthrowing Saddam Hussein in Iraq. It is the least we can do in protest to not provide any help to the Canadian economy.
Old 08-18-2003, 03:54 PM

I use them but they are very slow to get money into and out of. Firepay has a much faster turn over time.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Truepoker accepts Firepay too, qualify for your bonus this week

Truepoker also accepts Firepay as well. Their ACH (electronic checking account) system functions well in our experience.

Your first deposit to Truepoker from either Neteller or Firepay this week will get you a 25% bonus (existing account) or a 20% bonus (new Truepoker account). Details are on our website.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:36 PM

You give a higher percentage bonus to existing account deposits than to new account deposits? That seems backwards.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:46 PM

Not if you want to reward your customers.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Should I be afraid of Neteller?

NETeller is legit, no need to fear.
Old 08-18-2003, 05:30 PM

Default Truepoker higher customer bonus (25%) than new account (20%)

You're right ... that's how we look at it, too.

That's also why we pay out bonuses incrementally, $10 per 100 raked hands, rather than require a player finish the entire number of hands before he gets anything. We allocate an expected "bonus expense" and want that money to reach the players who play. You get to stay and play while "limpers" get their $10, which goes back into the game, not their pockets.

Truepoker CEO
Old 08-18-2003, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Truepoker higher customer bonus (25%) than new account (20%)

hey TP-CEO -

wanted to let you know that your contact on these forums and your professional replies is most refreshing and impressive. it probably is accomplishing your desired goal (positive p.r.).
as a semi-newbie i will be making the rounds of some of the various sites to see what's out there and to take advantage of the bonus offers. i have stayed with the same two sites so far but can assure you that your representation here will likely lead to me trying your site sooner than I would have otherwise. the only reason ihave waited so long to head any place else is because i want to have enough spare money around to take full advantage of each initial deposit bonus (in other words, i am not going to open an account at party for only $50-$100...i'll deposit enough for max-bonus).

i read a couple of other threads where a couple of players seem to have issues with your site but i don't think any sites are immune to unsatisified customers or the occasional mix-up.
i was thinking of making party my next destination but am thinking of stopping by your place first and it is very much due to your apparent commitment to addressing customer concerns and questions.

just making sure you are aware that your contributions are indeed having a positive effect.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that you can't combine it with your bank account outside of the US REALLY sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, John, I got an inordinately long e-mail from Neteller last week, the gist of which appeared to be that UK players can now cash in/cash out directly through a UK bank account.