Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: I think I played it perfectly

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, it was a lot funnier in my head before I posted it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He could have been looking up your stats, playing a juicy hand at another table or washing his hands after taking a leak. Don't put much into the time people take.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, *gasp*, his connection might be slow. It IS the Internet, after all.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He 3-bet you... from a tight-aggressive player that generally means TT-AA and AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

14 VPIP? A preflop 3-bet means QQ/KK/AA/AKs.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:51 AM

The problem with your line is that a guy who 3-bets you pf and has TAG numbers will take his entire range of hands to showdown a huge % of the time unless you do somethinf far trickier than donking the river. Most tags will either raise your river bet or cautiously call with everything they'll three bet pf, including AK.

Basically when he 3-bets you pf you need to hit the flop or get out of the hand unless you think you can make a play for the pot. The problem is that you have no reason to believe he has exactly AK as opposed to all the big pocket pairs so if you make a move, like C/Ring the flop and leading the turn or C/Ring the turn and leading the river you risk a lot on the chance that he has exactly AK.

I check fold this flop.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:01 PM

I feel the same way. If I don't hit an amazing flop with my AQ, I dump them on the flop to the PF 3-better. There really are very few cases I stick around...

1) I have a gutshot straight draw
2) I hit a Q (then I can at least beat JJ and AK)
3) I have a flush draw

Even when I hit the Q, I'm not happy against the 3-better, so I'd MUCH prefer the straight/flush draw. If I hit two Qs on the other hand...
Old 08-20-2005, 02:15 PM

I have to say this was bad. Not like banging B. Arthur bad, but bad like "I don't want to tell my friends about that one"
Lead the flop. fold to a raise because I doubt you're ahead here, and even a Q might not be good here. No reason not to put him on KK as a possibility, had no position to tell.
Diddo X 2 on the turn.
Vomiting plastic on the river.

You put him on over cards. Like what AK?
Old 08-20-2005, 02:51 PM

Without reading the rest of this thread yet so I can try and throw in my unbiased opinion, here it is.

I think this was played badly. Based on your stats of him, theres no way he is going to 3 bet you PF with anything less then QQ...I would put him anywhere from QQ-AA or AKs and possibly AKo from his PF action.

Betting the flop for him is just a continuation bet, your call there I think is marginal but not horrible if you feel he isnt holding a big PP.

The turn is where I fold, he fires again and we still have nothing. The range of hands that he can have with his stats pretty much almost guarantees we are behind here regardless.

The river pretty much gives me his hand exactly. You bet when a J came out, trying to represent AJ basically. Had he been holding QQ, KK or AA he would have raised your ass there. The fact that he just called tells me he is afraid of AJ which means the only hand he could possibly be holding is AKs or AKo.

Will read the thread to see if the results are posted and if I analyzed it right.

Edit : Yay my read was right. There may be some hope for my pathetically horrible poker playing ass.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to say this was bad. Not like banging B. Arthur bad, but bad like "I don't want to tell my friends about that one"
Lead the flop. fold to a raise because I doubt you're ahead here, and even a Q might not be good here. No reason not to put him on KK as a possibility, had no position to tell.
Diddo X 2 on the turn.
Vomiting plastic on the river.

You put him on over cards. Like what AK?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bea Arthur
Ditto

Sorry, I just woke up. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2005, 03:16 PM

You played it very poorly. He probably has a pocket pair. By the way, what overcard hands are you beating that he would have? You are either dominated by AK or beaten by a pair. Fold flop, you have no backdoor draws to save you.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:19 PM

You haven't seen him wait to raise to raise instantly either. You can't make these assumptions without previous instances. Since you haven't seen his cards when he's waited to raise or raised instantly, you can't draw any information from the time he took.