Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Different probabilities on different sites?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
friend, my purpose is not to disappoint you but rather encourage. 11.5K hands is still a very small sample size. the consensus here at 2+2 is 100k hands starts to become meaningful. even then, 100k hands may not be enough to determine one's ability or lack thereof but its a start.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing since may 2004 and I'm up almost 3K dollars. If we're speaking hourly rate et c, it's not even pathetic ;-) But I've won steadily most of that time, with the exception of two months. Are you telling me I still can't consider myself a winning player? At any level? I've moved up from 0.05/0.10 to 3/6 and I'm still winning ...

Just curious

[/ QUOTE ]

im not saying you cant call yourself a winning player. you probably are. i do caution you though. i have added your total number of hands played and get 36.5K. this is still a very small sample size.

i play full time trying to play atleast 1500 hands a day, 5-6 days a week. ive been doing this for 2.5 years. in that 2.5 years, i have had a 3 week loosing streak (~25k hands.) i have also had a couple of 300bb downswings at limit. recently i read a post by a carpel/tunel or pooh-bah that stated he is currently on a 77k hand downswing. i have also read that mason mulmuth has calculated a 20 year pro can easily have a 1 year losing streak.

to summarize, im not saying you arent a winning player, you may very well be. but you have a very small overall sample size. proceed with caution. your original post in this thread examplifies(sp?) this.

again, gl and tc.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:39 PM

Thanks for the advice. As for the number of hands I've played, I have 78K on record, not including tournaments. So I think I'm OK. I just thought it was funny that I apparently can only play at one site. I'd like to play more sites, because I suck at short handed and there are usually only one to two 3/6 tables at Paradise.

Thanks everybody.

And for the record - I'm not superstitious. If I thought Party was rigged, then I wouldn't wonder about it. I wanted an explanation to a phenomenon I had observed but couldn't understand.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:07 AM

First of all -- unfortunately this site is filled with a lot of immature punks who have nothing better to do than
submit wiseass responses instead of anwering your question.Sad,but true.Your question is not stupid at all.These sites use computerized dealing programs.All of them do not use the same program.Anything and everything could be happening to you.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all -- unfortunately this site is filled with a lot of immature punks who have nothing better to do than
submit wiseass responses instead of anwering your question.Sad,but true.Your question is not stupid at all.These sites use computerized dealing programs.All of them do not use the same program.Anything and everything could be happening to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be feeling hurt right now if you weren't so incompetently stupid
Old 08-21-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunatly, we see this type of post every damn week. Are wise asses tried to help out, but it got old after the fifth time. The OP would have been well advised to use the search function as it would have turned up hundreds of hits.

He also could have worded his question much better. Saying that he wins on one site and loses on another reeks of "online poker is rigged". A better way to get the answer would have been to ask "Does the software that deals the cards differ from site to site?" Or something along thoses lines. Once you start mentioning winning streaks and losing streaks, your gonna get flammed.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:49 PM

i've played about 300k hands and ive found that 2 of the 5 big sites are totally rigged. on some of the sites, they even give you suited pocket aces (in holdem) as a special prize about ove every 150,000 hands
Old 08-21-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's just human nature to cheat.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's human nature to seek companionship and to want recognition for your accomplishments. It's human nature to feel some kind of resentment when someone hurts you.

But it's not human nature to cheat...unless you're a cheater.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anything and everything could be happening to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for narrowing down the possibilities.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:07 AM

"It's human nature to seek companionship and to want recognition for your accomplishments. It's human nature to feel some kind of resentment when someone hurts you.

But it's not human nature to cheat...unless you're a cheater. "

Man, in his ground state, is imperfect. Through enlightenment he becomes moral.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The OP would have been well advised to use the search function as it would have turned up hundreds of hits.

He also could have worded his question much better. Saying that he wins on one site and loses on another reeks of "online poker is rigged". A better way to get the answer would have been to ask "Does the software that deals the cards differ from site to site?" Or something along thoses lines. Once you start mentioning winning streaks and losing streaks, your gonna get flammed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since we're handing out advice here, I thought I might give you some. Read the original post. I didn't say any site was rigged. I didn't say there was something flawed with software. Now why would I be deliberately vague? Because I didn't want to narrow down the answers I might get.

I'm not stupid, or superstitious. I have some basic knowledge of statistics although I'm no math genius. I also know enough about business to see that there's a huge potential downside for a site like Party to rig a game, and very little (if any) upside.

But there it was - I'm up almost 4000 total over the last year, almost all of that on Paradise. The other sites I've tried, I've lost 2000 on. At the same time. I've checked Pokertracker, and I'm just as tight, just as aggressive and get about the same amount of AA, KK et c.

So, I can't make heads or tails of this. WTF is up with this, I think to myself. Let's ask the guys at 2+2, they know a lot.

One poster was good enought to read my post, and simply suggest that there might be differences in players between sites, and that I didn't adjust to those differences. That would explain a lot - and since I'm prone to tilting, that could explain why I had a hard time getting back on track after a bad beat.

Sure, I could have done a search and read for hours on end, but basically, I was curious about something, I wasn't doing a research project.

As far as flaming goes - if you've read a truly worthless post, that you feel was a total waste of your time, why waste another second on it? Move on! I mean, do you honestly think I'll change because you call me an idiot?

Oh well, time to play a few hands,