Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 02:17 PM

Default First hand I\'m posting and I\'m wondering if flop bet was accurate.

First hand posting here, couldn't get bison's hand converter
to TOTALLY work, but here is my best at trying to fill in the text myself.

Party Poker (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
All check, I limp, sb calls, bb checks.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
sb bets, bb calls, co calls, i raise

edit: some people say i should call since im getting the odds, but i think calling is horrendous. maybe im wrong, but anyone agree with me?
Old 08-20-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: First hand I\'m posting and I\'m wondering if flop bet was accurate.

Raise preflop.

Also, beautiful flop raise. You're raising both for value, and a possible free turn if you decide you want it.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: First hand I\'m posting and I\'m wondering if flop bet was accurate.

Take the 'texas' out of the hh.

I don't play much 6 max, but I'd raise this preflop on the button.

I like your raise.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop.

Also, beautiful flop raise. You're raising both for value, and a possible free turn if you decide you want it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-20-2005, 02:29 PM

Yeah, looking back on it, not raising preflop was pretty stupid of me, I have a bad habit of not raising lp with j/10 or q/10, but as they're suited I know I should be.

Thanks.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, looking back on it, not raising preflop was pretty stupid of me, I have a bad habit of not raising lp with j/10 or q/10, but as they're suited I know I should be.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to tell from the convertor but did CO post a blind on this hand? If so, that means it's you against 3 blinds and many people would raise there with ANY 2 cards. I wouldn't necessarily do that myself but if you're going to play in a hand like this it DEFINATELY has to be with a raise.

If CO limped in first then that makes a difference although I would still raise QT suited or unsuited from the button. Even if you raised every time that you decided to play from the button (shorthanded) you probably wouldn't be making much of a mistake. Why give the blinds a cheap/free chance to beat you?
Old 08-20-2005, 02:54 PM

Sorry to respond to my own post but I got curious about my 6 max button play. I haven't played a lot of hands but so far I'm 38% VP$IP from the button with a PFR of 29% so I'm not limping a lot of hands from the button.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 38% VP$IP from the button with a PFR of 29%

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's high. Too high, IMO.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:08 PM

I take it CO called preflop? Or was he a new player posting? Because if he posted I'm absolutely raising this preflop.

I don't think calling is horrendous, but with an overcard, an open-ended straight draw to the nuts, and a backdoor flush draw, you have enough equity to raise this pot. 8 cards give you the nuts, so even if SB 3 bets and both CO and BB call, I think you're still +EV. Plus CO and BB may fold rather than calling 2 cold which would be a great result.

I like the raise.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 38% VP$IP from the button with a PFR of 29%

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's high. Too high, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep but totally expected from grjr, he likes putting money in with EVneutral, EV- hands way more than most

is this for BTN 6handed, because its a different ballgame 4handed?