Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 04:33 AM

Default HEY, GUYS... WHY DO...

80% of you not use the converter to post hands? It makes the hands soooooo pretty, and citanul went and stickied the instructions up there just for you!
Old 08-20-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Re: HEY, GUYS... WHY DO...

i tried i get 500 errors even when i changed that text.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:34 AM

I had forgotten how to get it to work until Citanul stickied it. Obviously I use it now though.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:43 AM

i find it easier to interpret the raw history. am i the only one who feels this way?

not to mention i hate all the errors that seem to be associated with converters.

now, who's with me? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2005, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i find it easier to interpret the raw history. am i the only one who feels this way?

not to mention i hate all the errors that seem to be associated with converters.

now, who's with me? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not with you. I guess you knew that. This post is entirely unnecessary. I have to wake up soon, and I can't sleep.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:56 AM

I'm with you. When I go through HHs, I can read just fine. So that's what I'm used to.

Plus, approximately 99.6% of the hands that people put through the converter seem to be all F'd up anyway. I'd much rather read a hand posted from a HH than one that has been screwed up by a converter.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:05 AM

Just as a note:

I've tried my best to make PGC work flawlessy for SnG tournaments. It can extract histories from the files or your PT database, and has an output for the 2+2 forums. You can read more about it in the software forum if you are interested.

Example:

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 2 - 9 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
Button: 695 Chips
SB: 675 Chips
BB: 1876 Chips
UTG: 514 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 735 Chips</font>
MP1: 880 Chips
MP2: 1090 Chips
MP3: 780 Chips
CO: 755 Chips

Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Blinds are 15/30

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES ($125)</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="green">MP2 Calls</font>, <font color="green">MP3 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, Button is All-In
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="green">BB Calls</font>, <font color="blue">Hero folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP3 folds</font>

(2 players) FLOP: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 1780 Chips )

(2 players) TURN: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 1780 Chips )

(2 players) RIVER: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 1780 Chips )

Final Pot:1780 Chips

Results in white below:
<font color="white">BB shows:9d9c,a pair of nines</font>
<font color="white">Button shows:AdAh,a pair of aces</font>
Old 08-20-2005, 05:10 AM

The raw is fine and more trustworthy.

Converted is slightly better as long as it is edited, if need be.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just as a note:

I've tried my best to make PGC work flawlessy for SnG tournaments. It can extract histories from the files or your PT database, and has an output for the 2+2 forums. You can read more about it in the software forum if you are interested.

Example:

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 2 - 9 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
Button: 695 Chips
SB: 675 Chips
BB: 1876 Chips
UTG: 514 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 735 Chips</font>
MP1: 880 Chips
MP2: 1090 Chips
MP3: 780 Chips
CO: 755 Chips

Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Blinds are 15/30

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES ($125)</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="green">MP2 Calls</font>, <font color="green">MP3 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, Button is All-In
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="green">BB Calls</font>, <font color="blue">Hero folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP3 folds</font>

(2 players) FLOP: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 1780 Chips )

(2 players) TURN: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 1780 Chips )

(2 players) RIVER: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 1780 Chips )

Final Pot:1780 Chips

Results in white below:
<font color="white">BB shows:9d9c,a pair of nines</font>
<font color="white">Button shows:AdAh,a pair of aces</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, thanks a lot for this. I don't frequent the software forum so I wouldn't have found out. Looks like a useful piece of software.

I think this output is slightly less pretty than bisons, but if it works with no glitches, I am all for it.

Everyone, check it out! Use it.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:18 AM

Hey Jman,

Check out my post on the HU theory where I explain why Eastbay seems angry.

I posting here also to make public "just kidding, Easty."