Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Help me with my car dilemma

I need to get a car and a lot of people give some pretty good advice on stuff. I need the car by next week. I have about 22K in the bank. I don't want to spend all that money so I will finance the car but I can put down a sizable deposit. With the short amount of time I have I was thinking about buying a car for like 5-6K that I can turn around and sell when I have the time to buy the car I want. The car I want is the Nissan 350Z but I can't bring myself to buy one without taking my time and getting the right car. So what would you guys do? If I were to get a cheap car my only requirements are rear wheel drive and a manual transmission, other than that I am open to suggestions.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Help me with my car dilemma

Cheap: ~1990 BMW 325i

Not so cheap: Nissan 350Z
Old 08-20-2005, 12:48 AM

I'm intrigued by the older BMW option maybe more like '94-'96 3 series, anyone have first hand knowledge of these cars?
Old 08-20-2005, 12:50 AM

I have a friend who had a '95 BMW 325is, and it was an excellent car. I do have stick time in it, so I can personally recommend it. Now, I said "had" because he wrecked it off a cliff. They handle very well, but not 70 through a corner marked 25 well. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2005, 12:50 PM

I like the BMW I just don't want the yuppie a-hole image. I guess I can learn to embrace it. No one else wants to put in their 2 cents.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the BMW I just don't want the yuppie a-hole image. I guess I can learn to embrace it. No one else wants to put in their 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bemmers break down a lot and are expensive to repair.

I know a few bmw mechanics, and they are all very happy they chose them to work on.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:53 PM

ookkkk mah answer to everyone of these post - m3
Old 08-20-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a friend who had a '95 BMW 325is, and it was an excellent car. I do have stick time in it, so I can personally recommend it. Now, I said "had" because he wrecked it off a cliff. They handle very well, but not 70 through a corner marked 25 well. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

my BMW WILL!!!!
Old 08-20-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a few bmw mechanics, and they are all very happy they chose them to work on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive had mine a yr and a half and its a 99 and its never ever even been close to breaking down or needed any major repairs. And my guy friends do drive it pretty hard at times...only things ive had to replace/fix is the brakes - which was standard at the miles it was at....i also have a land rover that is the same...never broken down ever (although the parts in this are massively expensive...espeically the brakes)
Old 08-20-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive had mine a yr and a half and its a 99 and its never ever even been close to breaking down or needed any major repairs. And my guy friends do drive it pretty hard at times...only things ive had to replace/fix is the brakes - which was standard at the miles it was at....i also have a land rover that is the same...never broken down ever (although the parts in this are massively expensive...espeically the brakes)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the M3's are definately much better, but the older 3 series...eeeek. Not to mention they are a pain in the ass to work on.