Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 04:39 AM

Default Re: Is pokerstars promoting with zeejustin?

[ QUOTE ]
BTW used to play with you in the NL200 at party many moons ago. I knew you were good but I didn't think you'd be ~6th place WSOPish material.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you ever played that game with me. Maybe the player on party known as 'shanjac' with whom I was often confused.

And it was 5th. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2005, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And it was 5th. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

Anyway, facts are:
- Zee WILL win a big televised event in the near future (i dont know anything bout the boy or how cocky he is, but he has game thats for sure)
- Zee will become well known because of it (19 year old wins WPT event, gonna get pushed hard imo)
- Pokerstars would like to sign him up now BEFORE he wins this event because he can instantly say "i got here because of pokerstars"

Its a shrewd marketing move imo, plus im sure they can get him now cheaper than they could after he takes a big win.

Gl to all parties involved.

Phill
ps, nice clause their greg [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2005, 09:45 AM

Ill give you 2 to 1 that ZeeJustin doesnt win a big televised event within one year from today?
Old 08-19-2005, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ill give you 2 to 1 that ZeeJustin doesnt win a big televised event within one year from today?

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably wont - im quite aware of how difficult it is to win one of these big buy in events.

It will happen however (when he hits 21 in two years he is going to make quite a splash at the WSOP if he keeps improving as he has been).

Phill
Old 08-19-2005, 10:57 AM

didnt he earn the right to be a little cocky though?
Old 08-19-2005, 02:00 PM

It doesn't take market analyst to figure out that Justin and Greg appeal to 2 very different target audiences. I'm pretty sure Stars can afford them both.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:04 PM

of course, part of the problem is that you have to be 21 to enter a WPT event....so I think Zee's chances are minimal.

However, I wouldn't put it past him to win an EPT event.

Now - can someone tell me more about what this whole 'marketing' thing is that they're talking about?
I'm really in the dark here?
Old 08-19-2005, 02:39 PM

I believe the WPT event held at the Aviation Club de France is 18+, as ZeeJustin went there before.

There is also the "PokerStars.com's Caribbean Poker Adventure" and the Party Poker Million might be 18+, but I didn't feel like looking.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:04 PM

I'm positive that the PPM cruise is 21 (not sure WHY it's 21...but it specifically says so on their website).

Not sure about the Paris and Stars-Caribbean events. I thought all WPT events were 21 but I concede that I don't really remember where I got that from.

I thought the France event that Justin went to was the EPT one. Did he play in the WPT event at the Aviation also.

FWIW - I played a Stars satellite the other day with Justin on my left the whole freaking time. What a pain....can I get a table-switch already??
I built up a nice stack (chip-leader for a bit)..and let it dwindle away.
Then Justin came from out of nowhere (pretty short-stacked at one point) and built his stack way up...then caught a couple of tough beats (whereas my stack-dwindling issues were all my own damn fault).

Very interesting watching him play. It was pretty obvious who the class of the table was imo.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably wont - im quite aware of how difficult it is to win one of these big buy in events.

It will happen however (when he hits 21 in two years he is going to make quite a splash at the WSOP if he keeps improving as he has been).

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he (or anyone else) is the best poker player in the world, there is a chance that he will NEVER win a televised tournament just due to the amount of variance in these tournaments with huge fields.