Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2003, 07:12 PM

Default Pokerstars vs. Partypoker support

Two days, 18 hours ago, I sent the follwing hand to Partypoker support.

***** Hand History for Game xxxxxxxx *****
200/400 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL) (Tournament xxxxxxx) - Wed Aug 13
Table Card Room Table xxx (Real Money) -- Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 3: player1 (1060)
Seat 6: player2 (4090)
Seat 7: player3 (1730)
Seat 8: ME (1120)
ME posts small blind (100)
player1 posts big blind (200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ME [ 9c, Ah ]
player2 folds.
player3 folds.
ME raises (1020) to 1120
ME calls all-In.
player1 could not respond in time.(disconnected)
player1 calls all-In.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 2s, 3s, 8d ]
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 9d ]
** Dealing River ** : [ Qc ]
Creating Main Pot with $400 with player1
Creating Side Pot 1 with $920 with ME
** Summary **
Main Pot: 400 | Side Pot 1: 920
Board: [ 2s 3s 8d 9d Qc ]
player1 balance 860, lost 200 [ 2h 6c ] [ a pair of twos -- Qc,9d,8d,2h,2s ]
player2 balance 4090, didn't bet (folded)
player3 balance 1730, didn't bet (folded)
ME balance 1320, bet 1120, collected 1320, net +200 [ 9c Ah ] [ a pair of nines -- Ah,Qc,9c,9d,8d ]

The guy was back immediately after the hand and he had no other connection problems throughout the tourney that I noticed. I have seen this before and usually it is someone trying to get a free shot at some chips without losing his blind or having to call all in. Anyhow, I have yet to hear back from Party's nonexistant support team.

At 6:27, I sent a hand in to Pokerstars where someone folded on the turn for a T15 all in bet after calling a raise of 300 on the flop (limit he) in a 2250 pot. I didn't think is was anything but someone not paying attention, but on the off chance it was the most obvious chip dump ever I sent it in.

16 minutes later, I received the following response:

Hello Glenn,

I reviewed the hand that you submitted. I didn't like the fold either so I started checking into the two players accounts. First thing I found is that one lives in Texas, USA and the other in Norway. They have never shared a computer or a credit card and haven't transferred money to each other. I also checked their chat to see if there was anything that might indicate a relationship between them. There was nothing.

It appears that this was played legitimately. There are a few explanations for the fold.
1) Misclick. Player maybe playing two tables and just accidentally folded on the wrong table.
2) Information. I can't tell you what he had, but I can tell you it didn't match the board. He may not have wanted to have his hand shown to the table after making a bluff attempt at the pot. He may not have even considered that he had the best hand.
3) Not realizing that he was facing a small all-in bet. This happens if a player is not paying close attention to the game.

Glenn, I don't think there is any collusion in this instance based just on the distance between the two players and the absence of anything connecting them. I will place a note in both accounts just in case we need to review this sort of thing with them again.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take game integrity very seriously and diligent players such as yourself are a trememdous asset in ensuring security at all times.

Regards,

Larry
PokerStars Support Team

Why in god's name can't Party Poker, a company who is making hundreds of thousands of dollars a day, hire a bunch of players to do this stuff like Stars did? If they weren't giving me 10% interest, I would withdraw all of my money from there! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2003, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars vs. Partypoker support

Your post firmly reinforces what most posters here already knew.

Good points and good questions.
Old 08-16-2003, 07:38 PM

Pokerstars has impressed me EVERY time I've contacted them. I heard this bet on RGP before, and I think it would be hilarious to see it tested:

Which would take longer to get the necessary help, Party's live help or Paradise/Pokerstars email?

My bet is on the email.

Cup
Old 08-16-2003, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My bet is on the (pokerstars) email.

[/ QUOTE ]

You win this bet. I already know this for a fact! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2003, 08:33 PM

Completely agree. Stars support is much better than PPs.

Overall Stars is a superior site. Can't understand why all single table games are running at PP...